just installed the disk, purchased from best buy, key code expires in 23 days...Help

• 1 March 2016
  • 8 replies

Recieved Webroot Secure anywhere Internet Security as a package deal when we purchased a new laptop. Sat down to install the disk today, after the preinstalled McAfee expired, and it says that my key code expires in 23 days. Shouldn't it be valid for 1 year after the date of install since I pulled the sticker off the key code? VERY CONFUSED!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi happymommaof5

Welcome to the Community Forums.

How long ago did you purchase you laptop, and was WSA purchased with it? If it was close to a year ago then this is what I would expect as I believe that Best Buy version subscription start/activate on purchase as opposed to the normal Webroot ones that activate when installed...but I could, and most  probably am incorrect on that.

Perhaps ? would be kind enough to advise on this as and when you advise back re. the questions posed above.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hello, 

Thanks for the "@" Baldrick!

The Best Buy Subscriptions activate upon purchase, and the packaging is labeled to install immediately.  If you have any questions regarding this, you can call Best Buy at 1800-GEEK-SQUAD
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Many thanks for the pick up...I am glad to see that something of those many discussions we have had on the subject has actually stuck. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
My pleasure as always Baldrick.  Always good to hear from you, and to be needed once in a while as well 🙂
Userlevel 7
David, you are always needed...just remember that, my friend. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
If I may add to this as well! S very m:Duch in agreement that we always need you ?
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the kind words ?   I hope you are doing well!   🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Better now that you are around! I miss our Geek Squad Guy! oops off topic!LOLs;)