Solved

kaspersi anti virus

Userlevel 5
hi people, question, am running  wr security 2017. can i run kasperski anti virus 2017 along with it? thanks.
icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 5 March 2017, 23:56

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
thanks yarco for the advice
Userlevel 3
What a kind and gracious member you are, jorge54, to thank and acknowledge those who posted replies :)

Thanks for starting this thread, as it was good to hear @ informative response as well as others here.
Userlevel 5
thans for the feedback starrchild. cheers.
Userlevel 5
thanks yarco. appreciae the feedback. cheers.
Userlevel 5
thans car54, have a great day. cheers, jorge
Userlevel 3
I tend to agree with this (Starrchild's post). If needed, just use a on demand scanner like MBAM, or a online scanner for an occasional 2nd opinion, and let Webroot do its job unhindered.
Userlevel 6
Why two av products in realtime? Its Total overkill if you ask me 😉 webroot is sufficiënt enough . Without all the Bells and wistles ( aka bloat ) that the russian vendor has. but good to now that webroot is friendly with everyone 😛
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the feedback, @!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I have run WSA with Kaspersky Internet Security for ages without any problems. My system never bogs down or runs slow. A fine combination I think.
Userlevel 5
Thanks, will take your advice, thanks for the advice. cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi @,

You most certainly can. Webroot was designed to play nice with other vendor products. It's not to say that the other vendors won't play nice.

Curious to know why though you'd want to bog your system down using Kaspersky. Yes, it's decently effective, but it's very hard on resources.

I'd recommend just using Webroot and possibly something like Voodoo Shield or Zemana alongside it, if you are looking for a layered approach.

John H