Laptop not showing its protected after downloading software

• 31 March 2016
  • 9 replies

My laptop does not show it's protected. Added a new keycode, but old expired keycode still showing.  The software downloaded successfully.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi GregLB

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please try the following to see if we can get the new keycode activated:

and then:

and come back to let us know whether that has worked.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
And, GregLB, on a separate tack, I not that you have posted in the Internet Security Plus Forums...so if you use that version then do you also use the Password Manager? If you do then post back re. this too as I have some important information for you about that and new keycodes.

Regards, Baldrick
Went to account, activated new keycode, computer was scanned.  Waiting to see if that did the trick.
Userlevel 7
OK, if all goes well don;t forget to come back here witha reply as to whether you are a Password Manager user...it is important but I don't want to clutter up the thread if it is irrelevant to you. ;)
Do not have Internet Security Plus. That was in error.
Userlevel 7
What version do you have as a matter of interest?
It did not work. Not a Password Manager, Irrelevant.
I stand corrected on 1 issue. After I checked my account, my product info does show its Internet Security PLUS. Also my version is 9.0.8.72.
Userlevel 7
OK, so that is one thing down...now just one to go. ;)

Right, the next thing to try is an unistall/clean reinstall of WSA...just to make sure that we do not have a faulty installation on our hands. If yo are happy to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
and now check to se if you are all activated.

If not then your best next option is to Open a Support Ticket and let the Support Team take a look at your system to try an figure out what the issue is.

Either way do let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick