Last time I paid, I had 5 pc licenses;now I have only 3???

• 11 December 2016
  • 19 replies

Last time I paid, I had 5 pc licenses;now I have only 3???

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi airchamber1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask where you purchased the previous subscription (the one for 5 devices) & whether that is the same place as your latest subscription (the one that appears to be for 3 devices). And if not the same provenance then who have yo bought the latest subscription from?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Since you posted in the Internet Security Plus forum as you should know it only comes as a 3 device and up to 5 please see here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/isp may I ask where you purchased your copy of WSA from? Also was it a renewal or a new purchase copy?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
I have a laptop which I use to run two separate Windows 10 VM's.  Does this require "2" Webroot SecureAnywhere - Internet Security Plus licenses (out of my 3)? 

(License by machine or by instance of Windows 10 VM?)

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello @ 

This KB Article should explain it for you.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I have a laptop which I use to run two separate Windows 10 VM's.  Does this require "2" Webroot SecureAnywhere - Internet Security Plus licenses (out of my 3)? 

Thanks
License by Windows 10 instance NOT by machine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Thanks

@ wrote:
Hello @ 

This KB Article should explain it for you.
Yes as I use VM's as well so each VM uses a seat. Even a Clone VM will need another seat if you use VM Clones.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello,

Sorry, if I am out of order, but I know nothing about VM's.

However, I did buy a licence for VMware Workstation 12.5.0 Pro which was to good to miss with the recent 40% discount.

I want to install it on my Surface Book.  Does that mean once I have it installed, I have to buy another licence for Windows 10, or does my Surface Book license, suffice?  I just want to test some betas, and if I run into trouble, I can wipe that VM. 

Perhaps, this should be moved to it's own topic.? Any thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
For each VM you will need a Valid Windows License with a keycode and for each Windows install and WSA installed will use a seat from your WSA keycode.

XP to Windows 10, you can also install Linux OS's as well on VM's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Right now I have 3 VM's installed!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
For each VM you will need a Valid Windows License with a keycode and for each Windows install and WSA installed will use a seat from your WSA keycode.

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would but a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would but a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?
You could sign up to be a Windows Insider and test the new Windows 10 Pre-Releases? https://insider.windows.com/
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would buy a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?
You could sign up to be a Windows Insider and test the new Windows 10 Pre-Releases? https://insider.windows.com/
  I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
  I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. ;)
Yes you can! ;)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Announcing-Windows-10-Insider-Preview-Build-14986-for-PC/td-p/277953
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
  I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. ;)
 Yes you can! ;)
The only thing is  I never created an account with Microsoft,  just a user on my Surface Book.  I didn't want to give to much information away to Microsoft, because I value my privacy.  I guess I can give them a name and e-mail address that I have had for a long time, that would be suitable.  And, create a new user for the VM? I guess that wouldn't unacceptable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
 Yes you can! ;)
The only thing is  I never created an account with Microsoft,  just a user on my Surface Book.  I didn't want to give to much information away to Microsoft, because I value my privacy.  I guess I can give them a name and e-mail address that I have had for a long time, that would be suitable.  And, create a new user for the VM? I guess that wouldn't unacceptable?
You can do whatever you like! I know who you are and know where you live! LOL 😃 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
 Yes you can! ;)
You can do whatever you like! I know who you are and know where you live! LOL 😃 :D
    lol - Mum's the word! ;) :D
All my prior purchases have been from webroot.com.
I am very confused. It seems that the price/#license's depends on where you go to pay
I have always purchased from webroot.com(Resp#1 was to Baldrick). 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
All my prior purchases have been from webroot.com.
I am very confused. It seems that the price/#license's depends on where you go to pay
I was unable to locate any subscriptions under the email address listed in your Profile.

Please contact our Sales Team directly if you are still encountering any issues:
Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am?8pm MT