Solved

login failure webroot sec anywhere internet +

• 8 March 2013
  • 8 replies

i am highly frustrated with webroot's support structure.  this is a simple question, yet the responses i get back from cust support are cyclical and point me back to where i cannot get into...... 

i cannot get past the login screen and yet Ii have set up all the accounts that were given me on this iphone app.

i need cust assistance to look at my account.

another thing that makes no sence is the console name.  i seem to have 2. one is expired and one is current.  why is the expired one still listed  if it is expired??

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by MikeR 13 March 2013, 15:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I see what the problem was here, and I believe I corrected it for you. You used to have an old keycode, to which the account was associated. I moved it over to the new one, and you should be all set. Sorry about any confusion in the support case! 🙂
Thanks Jim.  You fixed it.

The next step I presume is that the system will recognize my iphone as a device.  It has not done so yet.  Is there anything else I should do in this regard?

Thanks again
Jim
I have the ability to launch the app, but after successful login any additional action prompts the response
Error (USC 513) Your account has been logged out.  So I cannot get to the point where I can register the I phone.  My mobile device count remains at 0 when I log in from PC.
Pls provide assistance
Thanks
Userlevel 7
The iPhone app does not show up in the console as a device. Currently, that tracking only extends to Android phones since you don't need to enter a keycode to sign into the Password Management features of the iPhone app - rather you only need to enter your email address and password.

USC513 typically indicates your IP address has changed since you logged in. Are you getting this message from the online console at http://my.webrootanywhere.com or from the phone itself? Are you trying to log into that website from the phone perhaps?

With that error, what I've seen before is that there is some kind of interference from a proxy system. Perhaps you're running something like Tor that changes your IP address every few minutes. So rotating proxies is one thing, or a connection with your ISP that goes in an out a lot could do it as well.  If your phone's internet switches back and forth between wifi and 3G, I could foresee that error possibly occurring there, but I can't say I've ever actually witnessed it either.

Regardless, if the only concern is that you don't see "1 device protected" in Mobile Security, that's normal if you're just using an iPhone. The one feature you have on the iPhone version with IS+ is the ability to log into the Password Management through the web browser. While certainly that protects your passwords, the Mobile Security area of the console is designed to show what mobile devices the antivirus app is installed on. The antivirus app is available only for Android, so you won't see "1 device protected" having only the Password Management feature to use on the iPhone.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have other questions.
Jim:
I do not use a proxy system, however I do see that every so often my wireless connection at home bounces from my router to the wireless AirPlay (Apple).  So in fact the IP may be changing at an undetermined interval.  I will disconnect AirPlay and try this again.

Now I understand that Webroot provides password management for i phone however there is no active scanning of contents on the i phone.  I also see that when I launch Webroot sec anywhere internet +, the web sites are labeled with green Safe Site labels.

Now I understand that the antivirus function is not available for i phone.  Is that something that will not be provided for the i phone, or is this currently being developed?  If not why is Webroot not involved with this?  Is this one of those closed system Apple issues?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Jim:
Now I understand that the antivirus function is not available for i phone.  Is that something that will not be provided for the i phone, or is this currently being developed?  If not why is Webroot not involved with this?  Is this one of those closed system Apple issues?
Precisely - Apple does not think they need an antivirus app for the iPhone, so dedicated antivirus apps are not available.  We are still able to provide our other functions like link-checking, password management, and backup, but Apple will not allow antivirus apps.

It's good to hear the rest of the issue is resolved for you.  🙂
i would think that Webroot could touch on the issue of the iPhone in their product description.

Thanks for all your help
Userlevel 7
Hi VMisch - We are currently making improvements to our Mac product and rolling out additional features in our next build (coming later this month).

We’re also updating all wording on the website and box to make it extremely clear where the differences lie in features between our PC and Mac versions.