Macrium differential image backup fails with incorrect hash value

• 5 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm using Macrium Recflect 7.1.3317 with WRSA and have been getting a "Backup aborted! - 'boot3-10-10.mrimg' Verification failed at <xx>% (Block <yyyyyy> hash value is incorrect)" error when verifying the backup. The backup destination is another machine on the network since I'm using a laptop and don't want to physically tie the laptop to the backup drive. I've tried setting reflectbin.exe and all the other executables in C:Program FilesMacriumReflect to "allow" in the "Block/Allow Files" tab in WRSA but the only way to get a clean backup is to disable Realtime Shield in WRSA. I don't want to manually go in to WSRA and disable Realtime Shield every time a scheduled backup and I'm betting there's no way to run a script or command line option to turn it off at the beginning of the backup then turn it back on when the backup completes. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue? As a side note this issue only crops up when performing a differential image backup of the system drive and not when performing a file and folder incremental backup of the data drive.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there

Never seen that one before...so cannot assist from experience...apologies.

Have you tried the Macrium KB Store...you will most likely find the answer therein. It can be found HERE.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Yes, I would certainly submit a support ticket, that's not normal, I've been using Macrium Reflect together with Webroot on 3 Pcs for about 4 - 5 years and I've never encountered that problem.
Thanks @ for chiming in! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yes, I would certainly submit a support ticket, that's not normal, I've been using Macrium Reflect together with Webroot on 3 Pcs for about 4 - 5 years and I've never encountered that problem.
Thanks, I'll do that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I personally don't use Macrium Reflect but @ does so maybe he can add something? In any case please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it.

Thanks,