Malware

• 15 March 2016
  • 1 reply

I get getting a popup Threat detected from malware group Pua.Livesoftaction Location is my JVC evervio camera which I updated over 6 months ago. I just installed Webroot 2 weeks ago.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello d345889,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

PUP..LiveSoftAction.A it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience.This Potentially Unwanted Propgram is  bundled within the custom installer on many download sites (examples: CNET, Brothersoft or Softonic), so if you have downloaded a software from these websites, chances are that PUP.LiveSoftAction.A was installed during the software setup process.

With the research I have found is this may be difficult to remove.

Buthave a look here to see if you can remove it yourself  https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/4074... 

And if you cannot then it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription.and they can check this out for you.

Hope this helps?