Malware Protection Error

• 28 June 2016
  • 8 replies

Just recently installed Webroot on home PC. Keep getting  Malware Protection Error. How can I fix?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello bamdem67,

Would you please give me more information concerning this error. Is Windows Action Center? If so you might need to reinstall Webroot. I can give you exact information and guide you to uninstall/reinstall Webroot.

But first have you rebooted your PC after installing Webroot?

I did restart computer after installing Webroot and this message is coming up in the Windows Security Center.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there! Yes I believe a uninstall/reinstall will correct this error.

@ can you provide these instructions. I'm not at a computer right now.
Userlevel 7
Hi bamdem67

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I believe that Sherry is offline so I will look to help out in the interim.

I would suggest that you had best try an uninstall/clean reinstall to make sure that this is not down to a faulty install. If you would like to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
GIve this a try, recheck for the issue and eitherway post back to let us know what has occurred.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot. At this time, it appears that it has fixed the issue. Thank you for your assistance.
Userlevel 7
Hi bamdem67

Thanks for lettingus know...that is great news...but just to be on the safe side monitor the situation for a couple of days and if anything chnages then post back and we will lok to assist further.
Regards, Baldrick
The error is back again and it also says that my virus protection is not on.

Userlevel 7
Hi bamdem67

Sorry to hear that is the case. Would you please try a further uninstall/clean reinstall as per the guidance provided previously and then monitor the position re. WSA.

If you see this happen again then please Open a Support Ticket, providing a link to this thread so that the Support Team can see what has been tried, etc., and then hopefully they can get to the bottom of the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick