Malwear

• 6 September 2015
  • 4 replies

Does Webroot for home get rid of malwear problems?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jbcottone

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, that is quite an open question...;), but 'Yes' WSA does deal/handle malware of all types. Where it can it will automatically disinfect your system once it has detected and neutralised the threat but in some cases, where the malware is particularly insiduous, WSA will recommend/advise that you contact Webroot Support so that they can undertake a manual removal/disinfection & clean up. By the way, that service is free of charge to all WSA users who have a current subscription.

Now, why the need for manual intervention? Well, as I said some infection/potential infections can be particularly deep and it is possible that automated clean up will cause more damage so it is safer to recommend and provide manual removal that can be tailored to each system involved.
EDIT: I should have added that malware covered includes:

• Viruses
  • Spyware
  • Phishing Attacks
  • Identity Theft
  • Social Network Threats
  • Unsafe Websites
  • Etc.
and I would recommend that you take a look at this review from a respected reviewer which will highlight the sorts of threats that WSA deals with so well.

I hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi Baldrick

Can't help thinking that "Malwear" is the sort of garb that your namesake sported! :D

Nemo

Thanks you so much. It was very helpful.

jbcottone
Userlevel 7
Hi jbcotonne

You are most welcome...glad to be able to assist. Thank you for taking the trouble to feedback...itis always welcome and helps us make sure that we are on the right track when trying to help fello wCommunity members. :D

Regards, Baldrick