Solved

Missing the Icon, where did it go to

• 6 June 2017
  • 8 replies

Greetings, that little " Green Icon " that indicates a safe site has disappeared. I was searching for a crock pot on Google and that small Greenish Icon is absent for some reason. At first, there is an indication that it will appear but after a " wheel " spins for a few seconds, it just goes blank.
I do like knowing if Webroot considers a particular website safe to click on so it would be nice to have that peace of mind ( the Green Icon ) back functioning as it did just yesterday.

Thanks all !
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 6 June 2017, 21:41

View original

8 replies

@ wrote:
Thanks Burn Daddy. Goes to show ya just how quickly Webroot will fix an issue regardless of if its a user issue or an issue pertaining to Webroot.I'm as pleased with Webroot as an itch is to a scratch.:D
Yes. Very true, Robert. With the three main browsers constantly updating, I can only imagine the hard work and diligence that it must take to remain so proactive and keep the whole process up and running. :D

Cheers,

BD
Thanks Burn Daddy. Goes to show ya just how quickly Webroot will fix an issue regardless of if its a user issue or an issue pertaining to Webroot.I'm as pleased with Webroot as an itch is to a scratch.:D
Hi Robert,

That's very good to know. Thanks for letting us know. I have had the same thing happen before, as well. You're spinning wheels comment is what made me think it might be on Webroot's end. I remember reading somewhere here in the community that one might see those spinning wheels when the problem lies on their end. Anyway, glad to hear it's sorted out for you. :D

Have a great day,

BD
Greetings to all. Many thanks for everyones helpful replies. It seems as if the MIA Icon has decided to reappear all by itself.
Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing well.

I have had this happen from time to time. On some rare occasions it seems to be on Webroot's end of things and it will usually fix itself within a day or so. I'm not seeing an issue at the moment, though. Other times a clean install, as Dave has recommended, should do the trick.

Hope this helps,;)

Cheers,

BD
Much obliged for your reply JP, Im using the latest Firefox version however.
Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

If you're using Google Chrome as your default web browser, you can install our Filtering Extension by clicking here.
Userlevel 7
Hi Robert1725,

I've had that happen to me a few times. I did a reboot and the icon came back. If the reboot doesn't work I'd try a uninstall / reinstall of WSA.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
HTH,
Dave.;)