Morning! I keep getting a message antivirus turned off

Userlevel 3
Windows defender and Webroot SecureAnywhere are both turned off.
Tap or click to see antivirus apps. But Webroot is turned on I've ran scans, checked
system optimizer etc. Any suggestions?? Thank you so much

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Morning ktdid,

Would you do a clean reinstall of Webroot to fix this issue?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
And if you want to look here at this KB Article it will tell you how to run Windows Defender. If you are running Windows 8  or W indows 10. This is at your own risk because it does involve the registry/

IMO you only need Webroot for full priotection which far surpassess WD.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Mornin' Sherry, I'm afraid that a CLEAN uninstall/reinstall is not repairing this issue. I have reported it in the Beta as well.I did a clean uninstall/reinstall yesterday to no avail. I had a popup from webroot this morning stating that a process was trying to reinstall itself on each startup. Immediately following, allow once, I had two instances, at the same time, of the security warning that webroot had been turned off. I will continue to monitor the situation and endeavor to grab the process name if it occurs again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Morning ?,

This issue is becoming a real problem in this last week! Thankyou for your input! Much appreciated! I find this works for some but not all. Could this be something to do with 32 bit and 64 bit? Not sure what's going on but something definitely isn't right here. This is the only answer for me is for the OP to try a reinstall or Submitting a Support ticket? 
Me too
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MichaelMarshall,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

If you have tried the clean reinstall as shown above in this thread, then please Submit a Support Ticket so they can  investigate this issue. This is a free service with Webroot subscription.

Thanks,
Just did that
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MichaelMarshall,

Would you let us know what Supports saids?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I also opened a suppot ticket a moment ago!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you acooldozen,

This defineltly needs to be documented as this has become problematic!
Userlevel 3
Same here;

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Notices-of-Webroot-turned-off-in-Windows-10/td-p/241456

Userlevel 3
Re: Notices of Webroot turned off in Windows 10https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Notices-of-Webroot-turned-off-in-Windows-10/m-p/242431 19m ago
Just applied this fix from support.......................

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Team
..........and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers,Lyle
Userlevel 3
A Huge Thank You! to all of you that responded to my inquire I had suspected the issue might be related to the update, because I thats when it started. I don't think there are a better group of people anywhere but here. You're all so kind in answering my questions. I've done the fix per the support team, so hopefuly it's fixed. Thank You so much. Kate
Userlevel 3
Well the fix DID NOT work. I'm at a loss to what the support team will come up with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ktdid,

So sorry to hear that! would you please Submit a Support Ticket so they can advise you in what you can do next and let them know you already did this fix and it didn't work. You can use this link in your reply as well...Because I know Webroot is working on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also see this: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Notices-of-Webroot-turned-off-in-Windows-10/m-p/242578#M23603

Daniel