Move from Best Buy Geeksquad to regular subscription

• 28 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
I let my GeekSquad subscription expire.I puchased a new WR Internet Secuity Plus subscription from Amazon.I updated the product code on my desktop and laptop a few days ago and it was accepted,but I still see the old product code from Geeksquad when viewing my online info at WebRoot.How do these get updated? How do I get my mobile devices updated.
My AMZ Fire tablet shows that it needs to be renewed(paid for???),but my AMZ Fire phone I think is still protected.I need my devices protected and my accounts updated.My subscription covers 3 decices and includes mobile devices.It is impossible to contact your coustomer service for any help.It is just a constant loop of watch a video or read an article.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi rothie

Firstly, do you know whether you are using the Best Buy version or the standard Webroot version? From what you say I would assume the latter but would be good to confirm.

Secondly, if by "I still see the old product code from Geeksquad when viewing my online info at WebRoot" you mean that you are still seeing the old keycode then, yes, that is the case as expired or old previously used keycodes are retained...the key thing is that you are seeing your new keycode also displayed?

If not then try running a manual scan to nudge things along but if it has been more than a couple of days since you activate the new keycode then I would Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to check out what the issue is.

Now by my count you are trying to protect 3 devices but you refer to 4. Please note that it is not 3 devices AND mobile devices but 3 devices which includes mobile devices so my guess is that you need to extend your subscription.

Finally, the best way of contacting Webroot is through the ticketing system as detailed above...just put all your point on the one ticket and I am sure that a Support Team member will be along to look at all of them for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +10
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi rothie

You are most welcome...that is one of the main reasons we are here.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I can remove the Best Buy code from your Online Account if you like, but I would advise to at least wait until the subscription has completely expired.

To activate a new keycode on your Mobile Device, please use these steps:
  1. Open the Webroot Antivirus app on your device.
  2. In the upper-right corner of your screen, tap the three dots.
  3. In the menu that pops up, tap "Register."
  4. Tap "Activate" to enter your new keycode.
  5. Enter your new keycode and tap "OK."
You can also uninstall/reinstall the App and use your new keycode to activate it upon reinstalling.