My daily scheduler is resetting if I scan a file ahead of the daily scheduled scan.

• 16 September 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
As I mention in the subject line, I appear to be having issues with my webroot scanning setup. It was working fine a few days ago after being fixed for issues where it wasn't doing the scan at all. Now it's having an issue where if I scan a single file ahead of the daily scan, it is resetting itself to start it's next scan in 24 hours instead of just doing it's normal daily scan. The WRData folders and files in the program data section has also taken a massive leap from 110 mb total size (with the size on disk listed as 108 mb.) to 894 total space with 819 mb size on disk. Windows did recently do an update, so maybe that cause the issue? I tried to call customer service, but they're apparently flat out closed on Sundays. If I could, I'd post images for this. Can anyone help?

Edit: Ok, so things got worse. The countdown did set back to normal, for whatever reason, but then when it did the countdown, it didn't do the scan and once again just set to scan tomorrow. This is an issue that's happened a few times already on this machine. I don't know how to fix this.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Warwolf,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Would you try to follow these instructions below? Usually a clean install will fix alot of issues.

Please follow the steps closely!

Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist. Or you can Call https://tel:18666124227

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
That was tried by one of the Webroot customer service agents the first time this happened, actually, and it seemed to work, but now it's happened again, so I dunno if that would even do anything. But I can try. I already had a support ticket opened Sunday when I tried to call in but they were closed, and they just got back to me, so we'll see what they say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Great! We appreciate you letting us know that you are getting help. Pease let us know how things are going.This information would be very helpful to others with similar issue.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Will do. They had me download some kind of system analyser which should have sent info back to them about the program. Hopefully that will help them get to the bottom of this.
Userlevel 2
Huh. Ok this just got really weird. Today the regular scheduled scan ran as normal. So then what the hell happened yesterday?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Huh. Ok this just got really weird. Today the regular scheduled scan ran as normal. So then what the hell happened yesterday?
Hi there Warwolf,

Hard to say what happened other then maybe the Webroot Cloud had a cliche or sometimes a reboot can fix this sort of thing. Or Support fixed it in the Cloud on their end?

@ do you have any information to add to this perhaps? 🙂
Userlevel 2
Yeah, I just called the guys at Webroot's customer service, and apparently if you do a scan anytime in that 24 hour period before it does the scan, it automatically resets the scheduler to scan the next day instead. Though I dunno what happens if you do a scan after the scan is done for the day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yeah, I just called the guys at Webroot's customer service, and apparently if you do a scan anytime in that 24 hour period before it does the scan, it automatically resets the scheduler to scan the next day instead. Though I dunno what happens if you do a scan after the scan is done for the day.
Thanks for the update. Let see if I can ping someone to link you up the PC User Guide. I'm out and away from my computer. 
@ or @ or @..can you assist here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hello Warwolf,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Would you try to follow these instructions below? Usually a clean install will fix alot of issues.

Please follow the steps closely!

Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist. Or you can Call https://tel:18666124227

Thanks,

Hello Warwolf if your issues continue!

Can you download and install Revo Uninstaller Free version here: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html and use that to Uninstall WSA and clean leftovers under Advance mode then Reboot the system then check to see if the C:ProgramDataWRData Folder is gone and if it's still there please delete it then do a clean reinstall exactly as said above by @ and Make Sure not to Import any old settings. After setting it back up do a few scans then let us know how things go!

This is my setting as I want my system to scan at 1:00PM each day on the dot and it does!

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ScanningForMalware/ChangingScanSchedules.htm%3FTocPath%3DScanning%2520for%2520Malware%7C_____3

Thanks,

😉
Sure thing, @.

Here you go Warwolf.  ;)

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm

Edit: P.S. Sherry, you have links to the user guides in your siggy. :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks guys! Now I call that Teamwork!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well it's hard to multitask while on the road @ LOL 

EDITED: Thank you for waking me up. I didnt think about those links! I could of done that myself...oops :D :p
@ wrote:

EDITED: Thank you for waking me up. I didnt think about those links! I could of done that myself...oops :D :p
I forget that I have them in my siggy, too But since posting links from a phone is a p.i.t.a. I just say "you can find the link to the user guides in my signature below." ;)

There's no way in the world, with my fat fingers, that I'd ever be able to post a link here in the Community from my phone.
I would go insane trying.  😃 😛 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I forget that I have them in my siggy, too But since posting links from a phone is a p.i.t.a. I just say "you can find the link to the user guides in my signature below." ;)

There's no way in the world, with my fat fingers, that I'd ever be able to post a link here in the Community from my phone.
I would go insane trying.  😃 😛 :D
LOL...I have done a copy and paste but it's not that easy opening browsers and closing browsers on one's mobile device. So very time consuming to say the least! :D