my webroot icon disappeared off my desktop. how do I get it back?

• 10 September 2016
  • 4 replies

my icon disappeared from my desktop. how do i get it back?

4 replies

Hi csglass1,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

To get your icon back please try the following;

Open WSA interface (click small Webroot icon in system tray, near clock).
Click Advanced Settings in upper-right corner.
Uncheck the box that says Show a shortcut on Desktop. Click save. (enter captcha).
Then re-check this box and save.

You should now have your icon back.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. :)

Thanks,
BD

Userlevel 7
Hi csglass1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What I would do is click on the 'Advanced Settings' link (top right of the main app panel) and under Install Settings check for the state of the 'Show shortcut on desktop' option.

If unchecked them tick the option, and 'Save' the configuration. You will need to enter the CAPTCHA characters displayed to complete the save operation.

If already checked then untick the option, and 'Save' the configuration. You will need to enter the CAPTCHA characters displayed to complete the save operation. Then immediately retick the option and 'Save' the configuration. You should not need to enter the CAPTCHA characters this time.

Now check your Desktop and you should find, as a result of either operation, depending on the original status of the option, that the WSA icon is now back on the Desktop.

Eitherway please let us know whether this has work for you are not.

Regards, Baldrickl

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
......................or alternately you could send me your banking info along with your PIN number and I will email you a  brand  new Icon! ?
Now that there was funny.