mymac is stuck I can't do anything with webroot

• 27 October 2015
  • 8 replies

after a scan my mac is stuck nothing works with webroot.  I can't remove webroot too.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community

Sorry you are having this issue.

Can you restart your Mac and see if you can restart Webroot?

Would you please tell me if you are running Yosemite or El Capitan?

I cannot remove webroot from my mac, it is frozen and I cannot stop it from running therefore I cannot trash it.  I can do some things with Webroot when I am in safe mode but I cannot stop it running.
Userlevel 7
Hello there!

I have merged your second post with the first, I hope you do not mind.  Please refer above to the reply from ?.  She knows a LOT more about Mac OS than I do!
I'm running Yosemite I tried rebooting and Webrooot remains stuck.  The only way I can get it to do anything is by going to safe mode and then I'm limited as to what I can do.  I'm trying to delete it from the computer but I can not do this if the program is running in the background.  In order to remove the program I need to stop it from running and then remove it according to some instructions I have read.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

So are you trying to tell me that you want to uninstall Webroot?

To uninstall go here for instructions. http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&

If this fails then you can uninstall with the instructions above in Safe Mode.

Then if this fails then I would suggest that you submit a Support Ticket and they willl take care of this free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps? Please let us know how you are doing ok?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm running Yosemite I tried rebooting and Webrooot remains stuck.  The only way I can get it to do anything is by going to safe mode and then I'm limited as to what I can do.  I'm trying to delete it from the computer but I can not do this if the program is running in the background.  In order to remove the program I need to stop it from running and then remove it according to some instructions I have read.
Since you are running Yosemite would you follow these instructions here below?

The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.

To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.

2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.

3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.
4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.

5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.

6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.

7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported.
Sherry,

I got Webroot to start again, I found a place that wanted my e-mail and after I entered it Webroot started working again, It is scanning now.  Thre is one stubborn malware that is hard to get rid of it is genieo.r.  I hope after this scan I will be able to remove it.  Thanks for your help.  I'll keep you posted.

Leonard
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for letting us know Leonard.

Remember support will help you otherwise if you still have issues. Because genieo.r can be a tuff one to remove!;) But Webroot should be able to clear this for you!