Solved

New Member - Mixbook and Microsoft Website Won't Load

• 10 November 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi~  For the past two weeks the following sites won't work properly unless I turn off Webroot:

www.mixbook.com (after login, I'm no longer able to load personal albums from the site)

www.microsoft.com - I'm trying to access an addon for OneNote 2007.  Here is the link I've tried to access.  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/archive/2007/02/17/sort-pages-powertoy.aspx  

Other users appear to have access to these sites and the Mixbook support team told me the problem is with my security software.  I've already added the site addresses to Webroot's Webthreat Shield as allowed sites but they still won't load using multiple browsers unless I disable Webroot.

Any suggestions to correct this problem would be very much appreciated.
icon

Best answer by JimM 12 November 2012, 19:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello vbliss and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

This does sound strange as I checked a have full access to theses Websites can you please Submit a Support Ticket
and they can take a look to see what is causing this.

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 7
Hello vbliss, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thanks for your suggestion. I have done as you recommended.
Userlevel 7
I checked in on the support case, and it looks like this one was resolved yesterday.

For any curious onlookers with similar issues, the issue appears to have been primarily due to a third-party interaction. It looks like a tool that causes HTTPS to be forced into use on non-HTTPS sites was involved, and disabling it solved the problem. It's good to see this issue got figured out in short order.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Actually, in addition to the third party extension (https everything; used in Chrome), Webroot's extension (Webroot 1.90.6, used in the Firefox browser) also causes the problem.  Both extensions must be deactivated to access web content on the Mixbook.com site.  This issue has only developed since Mixbook.com's recent online software update.
Userlevel 7
That's really strange. The extension is only used for the password management functions. All of the other functions happen behind the scenes without use of the toolbar. I'd be happy to take a closer look for you though if you're like. We could set up a remote session. On the other hand, if you're happy with it the way it is, that's ok too. Please let me know, and I'll follow up with you accordingly. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thank you, JimM!  However, I believe this is a Mixbook.com issue.  I would think they would want their site to work with any security software extension.  Otherwise, it would tend to look like their site isn't safe.  Thank you for your efforts.  I have notified Mixbook.com of this issue.

Thanks Again!