New Webroot user question ... Webroot installed on 3 computers. PC Security screen lists one twice.

• 30 July 2015
  • 5 replies

How do I recapture one of my installs?  I have mobile devices I want to use for two additional slots, but my PC Security screen says I've already used 4 installs instead of 3.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hello Mattiv, Welcome to the Community. Did you purchase from Webroot? If so log into your account and check how many installs you have listed and delete the one you are not using. Alternatively you can open a support ticket and have one of the helpfull people fix it for you.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?KCYUSA=Y&FOUR=Y&CMD=P40SUPPORT&AGENTPROFILE=RFTCWHF&InstanceMID=58ppn4z8z2r7r201n6nrxpr72387666pz67nr8n4r3n922xr73nr5q5zq7p142q9&LIC=FZ1NZRAZ6X3X4NQ2Q3XQ&LANG=pa&VER=176555&CSIPARTNER=7#
Userlevel 7
Hi mattliv

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what ACD has posted...it may be best to deactivate/delete both instances of the computers that has been duplicated and the re-register that computer once.  I have had the duplicate occurrence a couple of times over the years and invariably I will initially deactivate/delete the wrong instance...the problem is that there is no way to know which is the right one to delete...as they are duplciates.

So delete/deactivating both means that you will have 'cleaned' the issue and then it is just a case of re-activating that computer.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thanks Baldrick......a Great point! I have deleted the wrong one myself.
I bought webroot from bestbuy when i bought the computer (Apple); they recommended it. The geek squad put it on this main computer and my upstrs one and my ipad however, when i logged in last night it said online after i created an account that i don't have any pcs listed. how to fix?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I bought webroot from bestbuy when i bought the computer (Apple); they recommended it. The geek squad put it on this main computer and my upstrs one and my ipad however, when i logged in last night it said online after i created an account that i don't have any pcs listed. how to fix?
@, it can take up to 24 hours for everything to sync correctly and the PC's to be reflected. I'm looking at your Account now and I see 2 PC's listed, please let me know if that isn't right!