Solved

No link to use the Password Manager

• 5 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I’ve had Webroot for several years, but I haven’t used the password manager before.  On the webroot main page, there’s no option or link to start using the password manager. I tried creating an account to have the numerical code to use for the password manager, but it doesn’t work with this year’s keycode and says I already have an account.  Please help so I can use the new Password Manager.  Btw, I’m still working on submitting a support ticket by accepting cookies and logging in a 2nd time, but it’s not working in Chrome. I just submitted an online ? for this in the community as well.  Thank you in advance for any help.  

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 6 January 2020, 02:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you Sherry.  Under Password Manager there’s no option to Manage passwords or Set up now. And I don’t have a Last Pass account on it’s own. My Password manager box says my keycode has expired, which it hasn’t, I’ve purchased and activated a new keycode. I’ll submit a ticket. 

Hi dbeck027,

You are most welcome. Please let us know how it goes with Webroot Support if you get a chance.

Thank you,

Badge +3

Thank you Sherry.  Under Password Manager there’s no option to Manage passwords or Set up now. And I don’t have a Last Pass account on it’s own. My Password manager box says my keycode has expired, which it hasn’t, I’ve purchased and activated a new keycode. I’ll submit a ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @dbeck027 

I found some information for you which you may want to try. Otherwise you can still Contact Webroot Support for assistance. Also have you tried another Browser like Firefox to sign into  Webroot Support?

The Webroot®️ password management feature has gotten an upgrade! This feature is powered by LastPass®️ allows for easy management of usernames and passwords across all devices. Please follow the steps below that match your current account settings.

Current password management customers please click here for video instructions, or use the steps below. You will only need to do this once to securely migrate your account.

1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” click “Manage Passwords”
  3. You will be redirected to a LastPass page, from here click “Get Started”
  4. Enter your Webroot account credentials, then click “Log In”
  5. You will be prompted to re-enter your Webroot account password, as well as setting up a new LastPass®️ master password, once filled in click “Save Master Password”
  6. A progress box will pop-up indicating your account’s migration status, once complete, you will be redirected to a success page
  7. On the success page you will be prompted to install the LastPass®️ extension in your browser 

New password management customers please click here for video instructions, or use the steps below.

1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account. If you have not set up a Webroot account yet, click on “Create Account” to set one up, then log in
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” click “Set Up Now”
  3. When prompted, if you would like to enable Passwords for this account, click “Confirm”
  4. On the next popup for “Account Setup” click “Continue”
  5. You will be redirected to the LastPass page, click on “Sign Up”
  6. Fill in the information, then click “Create My Account” after you set a Master Password
  7. Click “Continue” on the confirmation page that appears
  8. You will be prompted to install the LastPass®️ extension in your browser 

Current Webroot®️ password management customers who have a LastPass®️ account set up with the same email, please use the steps below.

1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” Click “Manage Passwords”
  3. You will be redirected to the LastPass site, from here click “Log In”
  4. Enter your LastPass®️ account credentials, then click “Log In”
  5. Your LastPass®️ data will be displayed, but none of your Webroot®️ password management account information will be available
  6. Please contact LastPass®️ support for assistance with migrating your Webroot®️ passwords over
  7. You can do so by clicking here

Need help recovering your master password for LastPass? Learn more by clicking here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @dbeck027 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Password Manager has been changed to LastPass around a year ago or so…

Please   Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Hope this helps?