Not all files backed. Checking the cloud I see that some files are not highlighted and show 0 btyes

• 16 January 2016
  • 1 reply

I have repeatedly used the backup now but all the files that are shaded and show 0 bytes are not backed up eventho when I check the hard drive, they have bytes.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi phzaard

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have not personally seen this before but but I would suggest a couple of courses of action re. this. You can either Open a Support Ticket to get the Support Team on the case and checking what is going on in the Webroot Cloud (we volunteers have no access to theat or the back office systems that run it) or you could try unregistering the files & folders that you are looking to back up/sync and undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall. If you would like to take the latter option then please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if asked to; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • Open WSA
  • Click the 'gear tool' next to Backup & Sync
  • Enable both Backup and Sync 'sliders'
NOTE: If you had any folders other than the automatic SecureAnywhere folder set for Backup or Sync, you will need to click the Folders tab and re-enter them. Remember to connect to the existing folders in the Cloud.

Perhaps the best approach is to try the latter and if that does not hellp then go with the former. Either way please let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick