My Webroot Secure Anywhere no longer scans. Says scan failed. Says needs to connect with internet. What shall I do? Do I need to get new software?
Best answer by TripleHelix
Please try a clean reinstall of WSA!
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
- C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
- C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
- C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
- Boot back into normal mode
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?