Solved

Not showing padlock

• 12 October 2012
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
I have the essentials package. I have set the https & http configuration for websites to max on all 3 of my computers. The tray icon on any of them is not showing the padlock. I am using the latest Version 8.0.2.27 and running windows 7. Please advise.

icon

Best answer by hassasin 14 February 2013, 19:22

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Answer to support ticket:

The Access from Web Console issue will be resolved in the next build of the software. This will be very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the other issue (Padlock) in order to better understand what is occurring, we would like to gather more information with our specialized log gathering utility, wsalogs, which will greatly expedite the diagnosis and repair of the problem. Once you have completed the following instructions, please let us know that the logs are available to review. 

Below are the steps to gather this data:

1. Download Webroot's log-gathering utility from the following link:

http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop (or the preferred Download folder of your web browser).

3. Once it has finished downloading, double-click the wsalogs.exe file on your Desktop to run it.

4. In the box labeled "Email:", enter the same email address you used for this support site.

5. Click the "Go!" button to begin the log gathering process.

Unable to access web consul from either
XXXXXXX - PC or 
XXXXXXX - PC 
I get the registration process on both machines. If I complete the registration the dialogue informs me that it has already been registered (Both Machines)

Padlock on XXXXXXX - PC Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Opera 12.02 Browser, works sometimes?

[Quote]Open the Webroot program and click on My Account. Then click on Manage My Account online. Does this take you to the console"?[Quote]
Yes going to my account gets me there..........but I used to get there from Access Your Web Consul?? What changed?? 

Opera version 12.02. Build 1578. Padlock works fine on 32bit machine but not on 64bit machine?
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi I have downloaded and run the log utility. The log should now be available to view.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi I have downloaded and run the log utility. The log should now be available to view.
Did you start a support Ticket first as it's a must if not please do so with the same email address?

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi, I am unable to create a support ticket. It says you have already spoken to me and emailed a password. I spoke to support yesterday on another issue and am awaiting a response. I have not had an email with a password. Please help.
Userlevel 7
Hi stevecosta and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Lyle was right to suggest gathering logs in this case (this is what our support agents typically suggest for strange issues such as the missing padlock as your machine's logs will be key to determine the root of the problem).

That being said, TripleHelix is absolutely right in that you should always submit a support ticket beforehand. This is because, while vital, the logs you gather and send over become obsolete if you don't tell a support agent (by updating your support ticket) first as they will never know you sent the logs otherwise.

In your case, because you've already submitted a ticket (albeit for a different issue), you simply need to go into your email and check for a Webroot Support message. That will have the password in it (which you can just copy and then click the link that will take you to the aforementioned support ticket page). After entering your email address, simply paste in the password and you will be able to update your ticket saying that you have a different issue and that you have already submitted the log files.

Let me know if you have other questions.

P.S. Thanks Lyle and T.H. for chiming in on the thread and providing very useful information!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Completed the following and it installed a new build 8.0.2.27 which seems to have solved the problem!

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. In order to address the issue you reported, we would like to have you uninstall and then reinstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere software. Please follow the instructions below. 

1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Programs or All Programs, then navigate to the Webroot SecureAnywhere folder.
3. Under Webroot SecureAnywhere, open the Tools folder, then click Uninstall Webroot.
4. Click Yes and follow any prompts that appear.

It is not necessary to reboot your computer after uninstalling Webroot. To reinstall, click the link below to download the latest installer.

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

1. Save the file to your desktop.
2. Double-click "wsainstall.exe" to run the installer.
3. Enter your keycode when prompted.

4. Click Agree and Install.
5. If asked "Would you like to automatically import the settings that were used in your previous installation?", click No. Webroot SecureAnywhere reinstalls itself.

A scan may begin automatically, depending on how recently a scan was completed.

To learn more about Webroot SecureAnywhere, we recommend you view our video tutorials here.

Thank you,

The Webroot Technical Support Team
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi, I have not had any webroot support email messages so do not have a password to submit a ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi Steve, If you have not previously had support via email you shouldn't require a passwod. Open a Support Ticket at

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Did you try un-install and re-install as I posted above? It fixed my padlock problem. Let us know how you make out with support ticket?
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi,
I have had another issure and spoke to telephone support on thursday. He was unable to sort the problem so was referering it to the us. I have not had a support email reply yet so do not have a password to submit a support ticket for this issue.  I have unistalled and reinstalled again and still not displaying padlock, All 3 of my pcs are the same. Also I cannot access the web console in the usual way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Steve, you will not get an email support password until you open an email Support Ticket. Click on the link and enter your email address. Then enter the information you want support to help you with.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
As already stated I cannot create a ticket as it asks for a password as I had another issue on thursday. I do not have any webroot support emails and no password. I am still awaiting a response from support. It seems impossible to get the message through. I think I will speak to sales with regard to cancelling webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
What email program do you use? Have you checked the SPAM folder?
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi, using outlook express . No emails in spam. Maybe support has not sent an email as I am still awaiting a solution from teleohone support to my other issue.Looks like i will have to telephone support on monday. Getting nowhere fast, very frustrating.
Many thanks for your help.i
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Steve do you have another email address that you can use to contact support with? If you do then you can reference your regular email address in the message and they can get that sorted also!

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
When a support ticket is opened, either by visiting the support page or by calling support, it generates an email with information for you.

Some email providers will automatically send this to Spam boxes.  In many cases, especially in cases where web mail is downloaded to the local computer, the Spam folder contents on the mail provider are hidden from the local computer.  They requires you to log into your email on the web mail system and look at the spam folder there, since they will never send the message to your computer.  This is a function of the email provider and not one that Webroot can control. 

Unfortunately, we cannot do anything but send the information to your email.  We cannot get the password to give you over the phone or anything similar.  This is for security reasons.  Therefore it is up to the individual to work with the email provider to ensure the email reaches them.
I have a same problem on latest version... I opened a support ticket
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Spoken to webroot support on the telephone. They conformed that they had not created and sent out an email .Still awaiting for a response to my original problem which has been ongoing since ticket opened on thursday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The problem with the padlock not working on Opera 64bit Browser appears to be a path problem. I installed a 32bit Application of Opera 12.02 on my 64bit machine and the padlock works flawlessly! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Lyle,

You can add Opera x64 to the list and put it under Protect and let us know if it works for you. https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_protected_applications

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi Daniel. I have it on the list as have been using the 64bit version for over a year! Have had a running support ticket open for about 2 weeks.The padlock worked occasionally.  support answer was................

I have updated the development case regarding the issue. Most of the reports we have received regarding this behavior have been 'intermittent.' Because these cases cannot be reliably reproduced in house it makes generating a resolution from a program standpoint challenging. It appears to be environment specific, and recreating the exact environment/update path and architecture of the systems that are exhibiting the behavior is near impossible. 

Another behavior that has been observed is when a HTTPS: site is loaded on one tab, and a HTTP: site is loaded on another, the padlock icon may not appear or switch based on the 'active' tab.

Thank you for your time, 
Lucas Moore
Webroot Escalation Engineer

Since installing the 32bit version it never misses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Lyle for your reply as I use the 32bit versions of Opera & Firefox and I find no need to use the 64bit versions at this time but I'm sure that Webroot Development Teams are working on supporting 64bit browsers in the future as most new PC's come with 64bit OS's but at least 64bit OS's support most 32bit Applications! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
My apologies for dragging up an old thread, but inquiring minds will want to know:

8.0.2.105 contains an improvement for padlock behavior.  That may help to recitify this kind of issue.  If anyone in this thread had an issue with a disappearing padlock that was not previously resolved, please try the new build.  🙂
I guess non-english OS user must still wait for support to have working padlock icon.
On this version i have padlock only ones, just after installation. 😞
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
I guess non-english OS user must still wait for support to have working padlock icon.
On this version i have padlock only ones, just after installation. :(
It's strange, my OS language is also unsupported but the build 8.0.2.105 brings the padlock back.  BTW, what version of WSA do you have? (.105 or .109). I have .105 (using the beta build that wasn't updated to .109 yet) and in this version the padlock shows correctly.

EDIT: In addition to my above query, can you kindly inform your OS? Did you reboot after installation? You said the padlock was there after installation, can you elaborate a bit more?

Sorry for bothering you with my questions but I am very interested in getting to the core of your problem.
Today I did a full reinstall .109 version ( before a just simply update my WSA ) and reboot my computer. Now finaly i have a working padlock icon ! For the first time since the beginning of the adventure with WSA ! :)