Solved

nothing in passwords

Userlevel 4
After conquering the (see) "Changed Passwords Problem" thread i was able to get back into the Password Manager (PM). i found a very corrupt database in my case. there were multiple duplicate groups with anywhere from 0 to 7 passwords and very many saved passwords with no username AND/OR no password. i fixed those that i could and deleted the rest so out of 59 passwords, i'm left with 19 good ones which i saved into the "Default" folder. i then deleted all of the groups that i had created, and began creating new ones. i don't know if the database is case sensitive or not so my new method of naming (vice all lowercase) was ACCouNTS, and perSONals etc. once i had all of my groups named, i began saving the good saves from the default folder into their respective group. having completed that to my satisifaction, i then used the toolbar to export the data to a webroot csv file. to make a long story short i'll leave out the part where i then shut down everything and went to bed. lol this morning i log onto the browser toolbar and import all of that nice clean date i spent all nite working on and now when i get into PM it looks like...  please see Blank Password Manager.jpg @    http://1drv.ms/1pH39CV   . ne1 know a quick fix??!? (like there's such a thing) i've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar (but not in safe mode w/ networking) yet? thanks in advance for your time and consideration and (input if you have any) !!?!  lol
icon

Best answer by bogeyman459 28 August 2014, 17:17

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman459

There have been a couple of other reports of something similar happening to other users...but to be hinest I have never, ever myself experienced this.  I think that the best bet here is to Open a Support Ticket on this issue, making sure that you include the link to this thread (to save you having to regurgitate everything again for them).

And given that this is apparently a case of data corruption @ perhaps you could use your well known charm to get this one jumped upon?  Many thanks if you can...won't ask other than it concerns the dreaded 'DC'....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Probably best to start off with support again and then let me know if they can't get it fixed.
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick

I have since rebooted into safe mode with networking uninstalled the toolbar, reinstalled then imported the .CSV...  it didn't solve the problem! I'll get right on that ticket, thanks!
edit:
The ticket has been submitted and as always I will keep the community informed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Baldrick

I have since rebooted into safe mode with networking uninstalled the toolbar, reinstalled then imported the .CSV...  it didn't solve the problem! I'll get right on that ticket, thanks!
Also let them know this is a Best Buy Subscription as it could be related and I'm just guessing? Very odd IMHO! :@

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Hi Dan

well alrighty then! been there done that too! In my case however it's more like annoying??!?  40 saved sites down the drain wasn't as big a problem as most all of the remaining 19 are the most important to keep! lol 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So sorry to hear Albert hopefully Webroot will make there own Password Manager in the Future as they did with the Back Up & Sync! Hint, Hint Webroot Staff. LOL

Daniel :S
Userlevel 4
Hi Dan

Lol, if i ever have another PM problem in the future i'll be sure to pass that hint along!!?! gotta get over this one first tho 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You will my friend and Webroot Support will get you sorted on both ends!

Hang in there!!

Daniel
Userlevel 4
Hi Dan

Here's the latest development straight from the horses mouth, so to speak!!!

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. 

We have just been made aware of this issue. It appears to be affecting both Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers. We recommend you use an alternative browser in the mean time for example Mozilla Firefox. The passwords in your online account are accessible from this browser. 

The passwords are also still accessible in the toolbar of all browsers. If you prefer to continue to use Internet Explorer and/or Chrome, you can access your passwords from the toolbar if necessary while we investigate this issue. 

Regards, 

Webroot Support Team

EDIT:
Confirmed! I have no problems whatsoever when using Mozilla Firefox??!?
Userlevel 7
Hi Albert

That is well weird...but having said that I rarely if ever access my saved credentials via the browser...I usually use the taskbar icon and go from there.

Anyway...glad to see that Support concur that there is a problem and are most likely working hard to fix it...like they always do.

Thanks for keeping usposted...this sort of feedback is of great use to other users.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick

I play a lot of RPG's and it's always a good idea to save, save, save! Having said that, I'm always of the mind that it's a great idea to have backups! Especially if they come from more than one source, the Google Chrome p/w database helped me immensely in recovering quite a lot of the passwords I've lost.