Solved

offline shield

• 29 June 2016
  • 8 replies

why do i nave to keep entering a code to keep offline shield active?
icon

Best answer by kingpin300800 5 July 2016, 14:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi kingpin300800

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Could you explain what you mean by having to enter a code, what the code is and where you are having to enter it...as I am not getting what you issue is.

Many thanks, Baldrick
      Hi Baldrick,
                               When you click on the webroot icon and go to the main screen, then click on pc settings. then you will see that the offline shield is red and says off. when you click on the offline shield to turn it on then it tells you to type in the code you see to turn it on.  then when i close out and then open webroot again i have to do this all over againand again

kingpin300800
Userlevel 7
Hi kingpin300800

Thanks for the clarification. If you go into 'Advanced Settings' is there text to the right of the header literal 'Settings' that reads something along the lines that the settings are being controlled remotely or from the online console?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Also, have you setup your online console/account (HERE)?

If you have not then please do so, but if you have then please access it and make sure that the Security Setting for the PC in question is set to 'User Configuration'.

If it is not then please switch it to that setting, click 'Save' & then wait for 30-45 minutes, before doing a manual scan, and checking as to whether the Offline Shield stays on now.

For more details on the PC Secuorty setting controlled via the online console please see this help test page (looking particularly at points 4. & 5. in relation to the above).

Let us know how you get on either way.

Regards, Baldrick
they are being controlled by online console.
Userlevel 7
Hi kingpin300800

Thanks for the feedback. That is what I suspcted. If you follow the guidance provided in the post prior to your last reply, i.e., Message 7, it should sort out the issue for you.

Give that a try and post back to let us know how that goes.

Regards, Baldrick
thanks Baldrick, everything seems to be fine

Userlevel 7
Hi kingpin300800

Thanks for the feedback,, and very glad to hear thatwe have been able to assist inn sorting your issue.

Regards, Baldrick