Solved

Opera Webroot Filtering Extension? Does one exist?

• 28 April 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
On Opera 20.0, Identity Shield is working fine, but there's no filtering extension or password manager.  Is this a known issue?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 28 April 2014, 13:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jpasternak and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Sorry not officially but I have seen users get the Web Filter working in the Chromium based Opera please see as to what to do just like Chrome: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Don-t-see-Webroot-filtering-extension-in-Google-chrome/m-p/104098#M6885 and please let us know if you get it working!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And for the Password Manager!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
I'll give it a shot and let you know. I first need to fix some file type associations. Sadly, all my crx files are linked to AutoDesk TrueView. 😞
Userlevel 7
What you mighty try:  on that other thread where I suggested the right click open with?  USE the option to make Chrome the 'always use by default'.  Follow TripleHelixs directions to get Chrome fixed.

Then do the same thing for Opera, make IT the 'always use by default' and try to get things working in Opera.

Then, since a majority of the files are for the autocad, and I assume you are using the cad program quite a bit, do the same thing to return the extension to be owned by it.

You will probably want to keep an eye out for updates to the extensions to make sure they continue to update automatcially as they are supposed to, as it is possible you will have to repeat the process with each new extension version, but fortunately the Webroot extensions do not get updated terribly often.

it sounds like a hassle, but really it only takes a few moments to go through it all.

Let me know what you think, or if it works 🙂
Userlevel 7
Actually, it was easier than anticipated.  First, I uninstalled the AutoDesk viewer.  ThenI used the "drag & drop" method descibed by TripleHelix and yourself.  Worked like a charm.  Many, many thanks! - Jeff
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Yes, the chrome extensions work!!!! They are no longer provided by Webroot e.g. not found in the folder mentioned previously on your computer.

However the Webroot extention can be loaded from the Chrome extention store via the Opera browser

Use the following URL in Opera :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd