Solved

Password Manager for IE problem & IE10 question

• 21 February 2013
  • 6 replies

1) Every so often I get a message in red which says "An error occurred while attempting to contact the       server.  Please check your Internet connection.  error=10  reason=xmlhtperror"
It doesn't affect anything, and I just close the message by clicking on the X.
2)  Also, I have Windows 8 with Internet Explorer.  When using the Desktop to surf the net (IE9), Webroot Password Manager works fine; but when using IE10 from the new Start page, the Password Manager doesn't even show up.  Is there a way to get it to work?
icon

Best answer by JimM 22 February 2013, 00:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the password manager. I can confirm it works fine for IE10, though.

Run the Toolbar Fix Tool and see if this takes care of the issue.
Userlevel 7
The toolbar fix might help with issue 1. Issue 2 is by design on Microsoft's part. You can't have add-ons in the Start version of IE.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded it, and will see if that fixes the problem.
So I guess the only way the Password Manager will work for Windows 8 is by using the Desktop to access Internet Explorer.  That's aggravating that Microsoft would set it up so you can't choose if you want to use an add-on for IE10.  Thks for the info.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
So I guess the only way the Password Manager will work for Windows 8 is by using the Desktop to access Internet Explorer.  That's aggravating that Microsoft would set it up so you can't choose if you want to use an add-on for IE10.  Thks for the info.
That is correct. I forgot all about the metro mode of IE10 - I never use that mode due to the issues you encountered. The desktop mode still is my favorite.
Can I open a ticket?  I'm having the same problem after reinstalling the toolbar.