Solved

Password manager not working

Userlevel 1
I used the trial version. No problems. I used passwordmanager, no problems. Nice. Then I paid for subscription a month ago. Filled in the new key. Then Passwordmanager is no more usable. The existing passwords were removed by webroot.. When I try to login via the icon in the webbrowser for using passwordmanager, they say my subscription is expired.
I send many emails to webroot but they refuse to react.
Strange that problems start after paying? And then communicationstopped also? Customerkindness.
Anybody any idea how to get where I paid for?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 11 March 2014, 04:17

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jhanjelke, sorry you are having issues...I'm in learning mode here but can I ask if you have submitted a support ticket to Webroot Support? Or hang in there and the Expert Advisors and Community Volunteers will help you out for sure. Beings as it's late I'm sure you can get help as soon as the forum leaders appear. 1-866-612-4227...you can call support in the morning .
Userlevel 1
Hello SSherjj,
Thank you.
I tried support ticket also. No reaction. When I try that now again, my password is refused...
Calling is a bit expensive, I live in Thailand..
JJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello! Well it takes time to get a response especially over the weekend. If you opened a support ticket with Webroot Support they can take a day or to to respond but I'm positive help will be on the way when the forum members read your Password manager issues. You might have old register files from trial version and sometimes a clean uninstall and reinstall will work but wait for the team here and they will be able to direct in right direction. I promise you that your paid version will be back to running perfect...soon.

Just wondering now what paid version you have?
Userlevel 1
Hi SSS,
Internet Security Plus version 8.0.4.66
JJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi! Thanks for the information..that version does have Password Manager (Internet Security Plus version 8.0.4.66) maybe in an hour you can get more advice and help with this. Be patient and we will get it working again for you..ok?
Also look at top of Webroot Community browser page and open up Learn/ Tribal Knowledge base and look on the left side for password manager and read Mikes R post. He has a link you can click on for support. But it's best if you don't bombard them with Support tickets because they will answer soon by email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jhanjelke and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

When you switched from the Trial to the Paid version you had to replace the keycode and as if you did then you will loose your saved passwords. Do you still have the Trial keycode if you do and there is time left on the Trial put the keycode in here then save your passwords then you can transfer to the new keycode if it's to late I pretty sure your out of luck because of the Trial this can also happen if you let your subscription run out so be sure to renew and you will keep your passwords. No need to do and reinstalls just enter the keycodes get your passwords then put you new keycode back in a do a scan. Also make sure you set up your My Webroot Online Account.

Hope this helps,

TH  ;)
Userlevel 1
SSS and Triple helix,

Thank you for the advices.
I tried both your proposals. It did not work. For resetting the trial keycode I was "too late".
JJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jhanjelk, just wondering if you got the help you needed from WR support via support ticket..response yet?. Let us know if your issues were resolved so that we can help others in the community.

Sherry
Userlevel 1
Hello Sherry,
When I try "to continue the running conversation" (or something like that) they need a password. But my password is still denied.
So today I issued a new support ticket. As soon as I hear something I will tellyou!
JJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello to you too...So sorry Password Manager is still having issues. But we are in the right direction now that you opened a new support ticket. Thank you for your quick response back, Support will get to you soon I'm sure..

Later, Sherry
Userlevel 1
Hello Sherry,
Problem solved!!
I got this message from Webroot: "I believe I have found the issue on our end and fixed it. Please let me know."

And indeed the password manager is OK now. Thank for your support!!
Kind regards from Thailand,
JJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Oh Wonderful JJ. Im so pleased to hear back from you. I knew you would get your Password manager up and running soon. Sorry you had difficulties but thats why we are here to help and the Webroot Support techs are the best in the world! Well I'm predjidice I suppose.

Have a great rest of the week!!

Whats even more exciting to me is that your in Thailand , and we can connect to everyone with this community because of WSA .( spreading all over the world).

Take care and hope to see you back on the community just to look around and visit us.

Sherry