Password Manager stopped working this AM. The Auto Fill feature is not working as well. Any ideas?

• 24 August 2015
  • 8 replies

Password Manager stopped working this AM. The Auto Fill feature is not working as well. Any ideas as to why?

I use Firefox on my PC for work.

Also, the pull down tab no longer appears alongside the Webroot icon at the top of my browser.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

I assume you are using Firefox as your browser.  Mozilla has changed how Add-ons must be managed, and so it has affected the Password Manager.  Webroot is very much aware of this and is working to get the problem fixed ASAP.

Until Webroot and Mozilla have worked the kinks out of the new system, you can still access Password Manager in both IE and Chrome.

I hope this helps!
David:

Thanks for the response. This happened within the past few days? Everything was working well at the close of business last Friday.
Userlevel 7
It sure did.  It was Friday afternoon that the change happened.

Hopefully we will have a fix on Firefox quickly, but again IE and Chrome are both still working with the Password Manager just fine.

SOME people have reported that uninstalling WSA and reinstalling it seems to help.  Of those that had luck trying that, at least some of them found the fix only lasted until the next reboot... and then it ceased to work again.

If you want to try the WSA Re-install, it usually takes 10 minutes or less, I can give you directions for it, though it would probably be easier to use Chrome until Mozilla and Webroot get it worked out.
I'll sit tight and wait for the fix. Thanks.
Any idea when this will actually be fixed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No ETA at the moment, but I'll keep checking in with escalations.
Is there any update in sight?
@ wrote:
No ETA at the moment, but I'll keep checking in with escalations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We do have some news - if the toolbarfix isn't working to fix the isue, then contact support and they have a manual workaround that they can implement for you:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact