Solved

Password Manager - Unkown Email Address Error

After reading through all the posts in this forum I wasn't able to address the issue as described on the subject. When I log in on the Webroot toolbar, I get the error "Uknown Email Address". Logging on to the Webroot Account via the webpage has no issues using the same account credentials.

I tried running the Toolbar Fix utility which I saw from a separate topic but it never solved the issue.

All the posts related to this topic ends with the moderator asking for a Private Message. Some topics indicated that they were solved after sending a PM but there was no solution presented.

I need help with this issue because this feature (Password Manager) is the main reason why I tried Webroot.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 5 January 2014, 21:45

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello scoon1 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Since you posted in the WSA-Internet Security forum, I assume that is the version you have?  (WSA-AV does not have the password feature).

It sounds like you probably need some persimission adjusted in your Console.  Go ahead and log in with that user and password as you have before.

Once logged in, look at the upper right corner and click on the email address.  Choose Manage Users from the drop down.

On the users page, look at the permissions you have set for that user profile you are trying to use Passwords with.  It MUST be set for Passwords - Access.  If it is not set to Access, simply click the edit icon at the far right side of that line.  In the edit panel, click on the "Access & Permissions" tab.  At the bottom, put a mark in the box for Passwords.

As long as you are in permissions, you might as well give yourself Mobile permissions as well.

See if the permissions are the problem and let us know if this helps!
Just to confirm I have the Internet Security Plus version. On the Manage Users I also have the Passwords set to "Access" and the issue is still there.
Userlevel 7
I forgot to add, just so you understand about the requests for PM's, in the event that a user purchases a new license instead of renewing the existing one, the Passwords account must be transferred from the old key to the new one.  User Profiles are associated with a specific key code, and at this time we users cannot change that association, but the Mods on here can.  They are simply communicating by Private Message to verify which email address(s) need to be moved from which old key code to which new key code.

Quite simple for them to do, but it is not a good idea to post all of that sensitive info so it is done by PM 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Just to confirm I have the Internet Security Plus version. On the Manage Users I also have the Passwords set to "Access" and the issue is still there.
Have you used a different or trial version in the past that had a different key code than you currently are using?
Okay it makes sense that the Password account needs to the transferred when registering a new keycode instead of renewing.

Though my account is totally new, there's an instance that I had done that may cause the issue... though I'm not sure if it really did. At first I bought, installed, and registered an Antivirus version only. When I realized it didn't come with the Password Manager, I went out and installed/registered another keycode for the Internet Security plus version (NOTE: I didn't upgrade the original keycode. Instead I went out and bought a new boxed software because it's cheaper). This means that on my present Webroot account, I have two active keycodes associated with it (with both subscriptions active).

On all the devices I installed the Internet Security Plus keycode. But then I could not login to Password Manager as described on my original post. So is having two active keycodes (one with Password Manager feature and the other without) causing this?
Userlevel 7
I think we have an answer :)

Most likely the email address you are using you used to register that first AV version, and it is now locked into that key code.  You need that profile moved to the new IS key code.  Since I have not seen a Mod on today, and they do often take Sunday off, you can also get help for this by submitting a Trouble Ticket.  You will want to include:

• The email addresses of all user profiles affected
  • the OLD key code
  • the NEW key code
Support is staffed 24/7 365 days a year, but I do not know how long it will take for them to get to your ticket.
Userlevel 7
Of course another option is to use a different email address for use with the IS profiles.  You probably have 1 license seat (1 device) use on that original AV.  The IS probably comes with 3 license seats.  You could leave that email address on the original AV since you do still have the key code and it is good and active, and use up to 3 other email addresses to create the profiles on the IS version.

Note in the Console, when you add users, you can choose which key code to create the user under.  

This way, you can continue to use the AV, and even that login for managing everything on the Console, but use a different email adress/profile on your device that you are using the Password Manager on.  

Note: Even on the once device that has the AV license on, if a PC, you can probably ALSO use Password Manager on. The Password Manager being a browser extension and not a part of the actual WSA installation means that you can use the AV key code on a PC and still use the IS key code attached email/profile when logging into the Password Manager.
Thanks for the useful comments. I may go with the first option which is associating my email adress with the new keycode. With regards to the old AV-only keycode, I hope it's also possible to assign a different email address so that I can transfer the license to my brother.
Userlevel 7
Good idea!  Once Support has moved the existing profile from the AV key code to the IS key code, that will simply leave no profiles on the AV.  You can assign it yourself in the Console to your bother.  The only draw back is that your brother's AV will be on the same Console as your IS key code.  I am not sure if Support can remove the AV key code off of your Console and allow your brother to have his own Console or not, but you might ask about that as well.

If you trust your brother enough, you can just leave everything on a single Console as well.  (That is how my own account is set up: I am not the only Console Admin on it, but I trust him and it works out quite well for us.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello csoon1 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I see that your in great hands with David I just wanted to say hello!

Cheers,

TH ;)
Now is there any moderator than can help me close out this issue? I need to have my keycodes properly associated with my email address so that I can finally get to use Password Manager.

Please send me a PM so that I can send you the details.

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Would you like your Internet Security Plus keycode associated with your online account? It is currently attached to an Antivirus subscription. I can associate it and add the remaining days, or you can create a separate account depending on what you'd like to do.

You can also Send me a Private Message if you have further details you wish to share.