PC Security won't protect first computer

• 24 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
It shows no computers protected. There is this A-Z thing I don't get.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Walleye

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What 'PC Security' are you referring to? There is one in WRSA and one under the online console! But I am going to make an educated guess that it is the latter rather than former.

Assuming that I am correct the the easy one to answer is that "this A-Z thing" is in fact one of about 6 order sorting view options...in this case it will sort multiple devices is ascending alphabetic order for display. There are others including 'Z-A'...which strangely presents the computers in descending alphabetic order. So hopefully you can work out what the other options related to in terms of the presentation of the computers registered? 😉

As to why you are not seeing any devices there under...well, how long since you installed WRSA? If less than 24-48 hours then it is entirely possible that the keycodes have not yet been sync'd with the console. It should be only a few minutes but it has been known to take much longer.

You can try running a scan manually as that sometimes gives the registration process a nudge...but if that does not work and you have installed over 12-48 hours ago then you have 2 options.

You can either Submit a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know so that they can look into the issue for you. Or you can try uninstalling WRSA, rebooting & then undertaking a clean reinstall of WRSA.

If yo would like to try the latter then please follow the steps below closely!

· Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-
A783-DE78-XXXX
· KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
· Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
· Uninstall WSA and Reboot
· Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode.
· Let it finish it's install scan
· Reboot once again

Allow some time to pass and then check if the PC is now showing under the online console, and if not then open the support ticket.

Finally, and to put your mind at rest...the fact that your computers are not appearing under the online console in NO WAY compromises the protection that WRSA provides the PCs it is installed on. The console is only an administrative feature. So yo are in no danger whatsoever from malware. I assure you.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick