pc shows infected

• 16 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Why does my pc show infected when I pay to have it protected and how do I remove it

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Why does my pc show infected when I pay to have it protected and how do I remove it
Hello richtad,

Welcome to the Community Forrum! :D

Would you please tell us some details of this infection. Is Webroot saying you have a virus? Is it Quarantined? Is it Malware? You can do a manual scan check as shown in this help site. We would like to know more information as it would be very helpful.

IT also could be PUAs (or Potentially Unwanted Applications) are programs that, while not especially malicious, generally diminish the user experience by consuming valuable computer resources, tracking users, displaying advertisements, or allowing the installation of additional third party software. The PUA category provides users with increased insight and control over their computers by detecting applications that are not categorized as malware, but that users may not want installed on their computer or network. We can also tell you how to rid your Computer of bad PUAs.

If you feel you have a PUA on your system that Webroot is not detecting, click here to open a support ticket for free of charge.

Please get back to us when you can and let us know if this was resolved or not or if you have more questions.

Best Regards,