c:userslyle grayappdatalocaloperaopera x64cacheg_0002opr000aa.tmp
icon

Best answer by acooldozen 22 April 2013, 21:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Lyle,

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket so they can have look at that file and you must of upgraded Opera x64 recently?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi TripleH..................Yup did the upgrade on the 19th. Hard drive on m laptop was malfunctioning along with the MBAM Problem Had to replace it and re-install Windows 7. Didn't want to take the chance with the system image due to MBAM fiasco. It Took me about four hours to retreive my wife's system.
Have submitted support ticket in the meantime. Thanx for the reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi TripleH..................Yup did the upgrade on the 19th. Hard drive on m laptop was malfunctioning along with the MBAM Problem Had to replace it and re-install Windows 7. Didn't want to take the chance with the system image due to MBAM fiasco. It Took me about four hours to retreive my wife's system.
Yes it was sad to hear that MBAM had a FP that crippled so many users.

Take care,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

I'm sorry for the computer trouble you have been having and I hope things start going smoother.. A threat researcher will be able to whitelist the file later tonight or Monday morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you Mike. I'm fairly certain it will be a FP....
Userlevel 7
Hello,

This file is part of an Optimum installer, which is classified as a Potential unwanted program and isnt a FP. You can use it but you may get advertisements or a tool-bar as part of the installation. I would advise using the direct link for whatever program that you are trying to install. We mark this installer as they generally use this wrapper on free programs so there is no point in using them.

Thanks,
Roy,
Threat Research,
Userlevel 7
I absolutely agree with Roy and thank Webroot researchers/developers for classifying those wrappers in cover of installers as PUPs.

@cooldozen
You should try to use a direct link from the developer website of the app. These installers coming with advertisement tools wrapped with 'em are annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Must have had a "Baddie" in my backed up installers file! The only new installers I downloaded were Adobe Reader and Flash Player, direct from Adobe Official Site.