program manager won't work properly on PC

• 20 October 2015
  • 2 replies

My WR (ISP) was just installed by Geek Squad.   I was able to login to Password manager and list 4 sites using my own passwords.  However, when I left and returned to PM 3 of the 4 PW were empty and the 4th was illegible.  I would like to have WR generate random secure PW for each new site that I list, but can't get any advanced PW manager screen to open.  Would you please list the steps needed?  I am running WR inside of Chrome - was I supposed to register WR with Chrome before starting?  Thanks,

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome back to the Community!

It has been a while since you were here, but on your last visit you were asking about the LastPass Password Manager.  Are you still using that?

Webroot's Password Manager is a rebranded form of LastPass, so if you still have LastPass installed, that will be causing issues and conflicts... it is like having two copies of LastPass installed at once, and not getting along very well.

Let us know and we will go from there 🙂
I've had WR since 2008, but have recently extended my subscriiption to WRA Internet Security Plus.  I'm still grappling with getting it to work:

1.  I am registered under two different UN, PW, emails and Sec. Codes (one set for Webroot.com a few days ago, and another for Webroot Community some years ago):  Would it reduce confusion in the program if I were to replace the WR Community credentials with the WR.com set (or vice versa).  Exactly would I do this?

2.  How do I get PW Manager to generate random PW so that I don't have to create secure PW for all of my sites?

Thanks