Programs (Games, Netflix, Media Player) will not stay full screen.

• 7 September 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
When I'm playing a game or using anyother program full screen, that program will suddenly minimize or snaps back to windowed mode. Uninstalling Webroot fixed the issue, but I like Webroot and would like to find a way around this. I'm guessing its a user error and I've missed a setting somewhere as I've not seen this with anyone else who uses Webroot. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello LouDogJones and Welcome.

SecureAnywhere is particularly designed with widespread compatibility with software, and easy process to enable compatibility.
Therefore, I would encourage you to install WSA again, and any issues will be easily fixed.
It may be a simple matter like process control: Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help

And it is easy also if any files should need whitelisting.

Let us know if you have any questions. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Also when WSA is installed and if you look at the things Dermot pointed and it's still not working please Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to get this sorted for you!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Reinstalled Webroot. Ran a few games and watched some Netflix and YouTube, problem still there. Checked out the process control application, everything is allowed, so I'm not sure if anything needs to be changed. 

And thanks for the tip, didn't realize WSA had so many cool features. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Reinstalled Webroot. Ran a few games and watched some Netflix and YouTube, problem still there. Checked out the process control application, everything is allowed, so I'm not sure if anything needs to be changed. 

And thanks for the tip, didn't realize WSA had so many cool features. 
Yea just contact support it could be a simple thing of getting some files Whitelisted in the Cloud Database. http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 1
Contacted support, did a remote access session. The tech looked through the whitelisted stuff, everything seems fine there. He showed me how to check the reports in notepad to see what was going on when my games and netflix minimized. 

So after the remote session was over I got hard at work playing video games. At 17:46 my game was minimized, I then pulled up the report and saved a copy to my desktop. The last entry in the report was at 17:13 when it began and ended a passive write scan of 6 files. Nothing around the time my game was minimized. No threat reports either. 

The tech seemed to think this might be the first instance, or at least report, of this issue. I don't want to think my luck is that bad so I'm going to uninstall WIS and try agian to see if it will minimize/window my games and Netflix with out it installed. 

This is just an update. Agian, thanks for all the help. And the tech was super freindly and personable. 
Userlevel 1
Just another update:

Well, not much has changed. Two weeks without Webroot and no interuptions in programs. Had a day off and it rained like crazy, so I spent my day in three hour gaming sessions - not one crash. Reinstalled WIS today and ten minutes in I had a game snap to windowed mode. 

Bad news: WIS seems to be without a doubt the problem.

Good news: seems that the issue isn't happening just because I have a game or full screen program running. Instead it seems to just be on a constant loop regardless of the things I'm doing on my computer. So it's not being caused by a permission issue with Steam or Netflix.

Other random finding - After I uninstalled WIS (without restarting my computer) my games and Netflix / Youtube still minimized. After I restarted my computer to finish the uninstall, I have had no issues. Not sure that makes a big difference, though I thought that WIS would have been turned off and waiting for the restart to fully uninstall. That may mean its being caused by which ever process of WIS that still stays active after an uninstall, but before the restart.

I'll keep you all posted on new findings. And thanks agian for all the support. Thanks to this forum I advise all my clients and friends to go with Webroot Internet Security over anything else I've had in the past.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Just another update:

Well, not much has changed. Two weeks without Webroot and no interuptions in programs. Had a day off and it rained like crazy, so I spent my day in three hour gaming sessions - not one crash. Reinstalled WIS today and ten minutes in I had a game snap to windowed mode. 

Bad news: WIS seems to be without a doubt the problem.

Good news: seems that the issue isn't happening just because I have a game or full screen program running. Instead it seems to just be on a constant loop regardless of the things I'm doing on my computer. So it's not being caused by a permission issue with Steam or Netflix.

Other random finding - After I uninstalled WIS (without restarting my computer) my games and Netflix / Youtube still minimized. After I restarted my computer to finish the uninstall, I have had no issues. Not sure that makes a big difference, though I thought that WIS would have been turned off and waiting for the restart to fully uninstall. That may mean its being caused by which ever process of WIS that still stays active after an uninstall, but before the restart.

I'll keep you all posted on new findings. And thanks agian for all the support. Thanks to this forum I advise all my clients and friends to go with Webroot Internet Security over anything else I've had in the past.  
Hello LouDogJones,
Please do keep us all posted for we would like to know that your issues are being resolved.
Again Thank you for the update!
Best Regards,