Solved

Protect Edge

• 26 October 2015
  • 59 replies

Userlevel 3
Is it advisable or even possible to protect microsoft edge in identity protection part of wsa like chrome and ie?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 26 October 2015, 23:13

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Looks like support for Extensions in Edge is going to be delayed until 2016:-
Extensions for Edge
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You can mauually add it to Application Protection!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It does work now if you look where I added Edge to ID Shield and the padlock now shows. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/I-ve-upgraded-to-Windows-10-and-the-Edge-browser-isn-t-showing/ta-p/210239

And you need to add both files to the ID Shield!

Daniel

EDIT: Look here http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1131&

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I checked with them and they tell me that we still don't support anything in terms of Edge. I know there's things in the works, but nothing is ready for release yet. At this point I'd say either use Edge and live without the additional Webroot protections, or switch to another browser that we do support.
Userlevel 3
I added both of those files to identity shield and when i open edge i do get the padlock,Thanks people
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
About Par for the course I think! Nic. :p
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Edge is not currently supported by Webroot
Please see this post by Community Administrator ?.

Hope this info helps, please let us know if you have more questions, we're happy to help. :)
BD
Userlevel 7
I am trying to recall... there was recently some discussion about manually adding Edge as noted by ?, however I cannot locate it at the moment.  I seem to recall that there might be some issues with that at the moment though.

? do you recall the recent posts about manually adding Edge to Application Protection by chance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

"I'm not positive, but I thought you're protected with Identity Shield, regardless of your browser?"

I believe the above statement to be correct, albeit when added manually the little padlock instills a sense of Security! ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We still don't have anything sorted out with the Edge browser to date. We're still waiting on them to support extensions for us to be able to do anything with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you @!
See in the last Release notes: http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1131&
Userlevel 7
Yes, that is the link I was going by earlier, but the end reply from you and Nic was that is was not working right even though it can be added.  I had forgotten about the last Release Notes and the fact that things had been improved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think the recent release just fixed an issue where Webroot sometimes caused Edge to crash. I'm not sure that we added any additional functionality.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I think the recent release just fixed an issue where Webroot sometimes caused Edge to crash. I'm not sure that we added any additional functionality.
OK, we seem to be back at the start now LOL.  I am getting confused.

@, tomorrow can you get a definitive answer from Support or the Dev team as to the current state of the code regarding Edge and Identity Protection?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hey Daniel, You must have both instances of Edge in the protected apps! If after inserting the 2nd instance restart Edge, and if that doesn't work, restart the PC. Mine has had the padlock working ever since upgrading to 10 and adding Edge manually. About a Month!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty then..I will do a clean reinstall. Thanks ?

I love doing reinstalls!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Dam, it does work if you add both files to ID Shield......! This is messing with my head!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/2f9d9859007e5036c189c0b5c5a37827/tumblr_n4v7t4mduG1rqak9yo1_500.jpg 

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Dam, it does work if you add both files to ID Shield......! This is messing with my head!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/2f9d9859007e5036c189c0b5c5a37827/tumblr_n4v7t4mduG1rqak9yo1_500.jpg 

It has been messing with mine alll day!  Welcome to the club!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Great detective work everyone, it works for me as well now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
As "Bubba Watson" would say...................................Your Welcome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Color me not surprised 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I was hoping webroot would protect my browser too.
I guess we will all have to wait  :(
It's Microsoft's fault and not Webroot. Microsoft don't allow many extensions for Edge at this time and we don't know when that will change.
Thanks ?,

I was thinking of the Web FIltering Extension not being available in Edge.

I'm not positive, but I thought you're protected with Identity Shield, regardless of your browser?

Maybe some one else can comment on this like ? or ??

It would help to know one way or the other.

BD
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello @

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Edge is not currently supported by Webroot
Please see this post by Community Administrator @.

Hope this info helps, please let us know if you have more questions, we're happy to help. :)
BD
I belive the link @ provided DOES have the correct info @. It is in the discussion, not the KB Article itself.

As of the last discussion, manually adding to Application Protection does not work unless there has been a change.

@ Do you know the current status?