Question

• 19 November 2017
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
  • Popular Voice
  • 31 replies
Hi Webroot..
I formatted my PC yesteday. I have a subscription on WSA+, around 270 days back as far as I remember. But when I tried to put the PW in, it told me there was an error or something. I am using a trial right now. Can you help?
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by acooldozen 21 November 2017, 16:03

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi nevi, I have sent the following, along with your personal information to Customer Support.

Can you have someone contact a Webroot user and forum member who has been trying to reach customer support and is not able to send a message via the support page.. He is located in Denmark,
He has posted his problem on the forum under the thread of Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Internet Security Plus/Subject: Question/Started by forum name nevi.
We have been unable to solve his problem on the forum. When he tries to send a message to support it takes him in an endless loop to his Console.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Have you at any other time previously opened a support ticket? If so you would have received an email with a support ticket ONLY password. 
Do let us know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Yes you are using an incorrect password. The only password that can be used here is one that would have been emailed to you by support. Which means at one time or another you must have previously contacted support and been issued a password.

I am requesting that a Webroot employee or a mod with clout, grab the info detailed here and get nevi the support he needs????
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You are very welcome nevi. That's why we are here, and your English is very good. Wish I could have done more!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Response from Support:

Hey Lyle,
Thank you for taking the time to post that on behalf of another member seeking assistance. I'm sure it was appreciated. We have gone ahead and created a support ticket on their behalf and sent a response to the email provided, which should include the necessary login credentials to reply to support.
After reviewing the community post, it appears that the issue related to them creating a support ticket may be password-related, so hopefully the included credentials help to work-around that.
Let us know if we could assist further.

Thank you,
Webroot Support
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
When I click on your link I have to sign in again, and then it takes me to my consol that show which subscribtions I have and have had. But they stand as being expired all of them, so there must be a bug somewhere. **bleep** software lol!
Userlevel 7
Hi Nevi

I seem to remember having heard of this happening occassionally in the past, but cannot find reference to the previous thread (will keep looking).

If you cannot opena support ticket then you will need to contact Support by phone and the various numbers (dependant on location) can be found HERE.

WIll post back if I find the thread I am thin king about.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Maybe one of our Administrators/moderator can open a support ticket or check this out for you? @ or @?

That's a good point @...
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi Sherry
No It has never been necesarry for me to use the support system. But it would be great if one of you could help me out that way.
I was thinking about it yesteday, so its great you guys mention it.
Thank you.

Nevi
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
"Hi again. I have tried 4 times now to make a support ticket, but I am just being sent to my console all the time. How do I make a support ticket"?

When you go to the SUPPORT link that Baldrick gave you what is it that you are actually seeing? Are you seeing image 1 or image 2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
After entering your email address are you getting this page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Nevi, We have to get on the same page here. Please listen carefully!

When you click (send us a message) on the page I indicated, it asks for an email address. After that if it works correctly, it asks for a password. This is NOT your Console password do you understand this?
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Thank you for your help (and the others too). I know I can be a little hard to understand sometimes, as I dont get all the details.English is my second language as you probably have guessed.
I get back to the forum, as I have to leave now.
Again thanks all.

Nevi
Userlevel 7
Hi Nevi

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What you have described should not be a problem so would share with us exactly what the message you received was? That would help us determine what the cause of the issue is.

You should be able to enter your subscribed keycode at any time and convert the trial installation to a subscribed one by entering the keycode as per below (which I assume is what you are doing):

But if not then please do so and let us know what the outcome is. If this is what you do and then get the message/issue then please let us have more details.

Many thanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nevi

I have to admit that I have not come across that error message before. You are positive that you are entering the subscribed keycode in correctly? The best way to make sure is to copy/paste it from your registration email so if you still have that and can get the information then try that.

Otherwise the next thing to try is an uninstall/clean reinstall as that sometimes resolves these sorts of issues. If you you would like to try that option then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Entering the subscribed keycode at the installation phase may well resolve the issue for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nevi

Apologies if my post appeared to be patronising...not knowing members experiences we tend to look to give as complete an answer as possible. :$

It has been know that an installation can be 'faulty'...not sure as to why and that a simple clean reinstall resolves the issue, so in cases like this we tend to recommend that as an approach...works in many cases but not always.

I would suggest that if you have not reinstalled since the initial reinstall of WRSA since your formatted your drive & then reinstalled the OS, that you try that...it is simple to do and if it works then great. But if not you have lost nothing but a little bit of time, as the next port of call will be to Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know/investigate the issue.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nevi

Silly question perhaps...but have you set up an online account?

On the assumption that you have can you describe exactly what happens when you try to open a support ticket (I assume that this is via the link I provided) and what messages you receive, etc.?

Many thanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
First I'm being sent to photo nr 2, and then after having wrote my e mail adr, I'm being sent to my console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
  • When you get to the page I indicated, scroll to the bottom of the page and CLICK (send us a message).
Let me know if this is what you see or not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
And what happens after you enter your email again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Does it ask you to enter a password at any time?
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Thank you very much acooldozen .You have all been very helpful. :D

Nevi
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi nevi, you are again most welcome. Please let us know if support does/does NOT get back to you!
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi there...
Its funny, this time "activation" took a min or so, but then the "error FZLC00056 invalid or unknown key code?!
I know there was around 260-70 days back.
Thank you.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi Baldrick..
I am an old customer, I have used WSA 6-7 years, so I know how to copy and paste the code on in groups of 4. I can tell where I have bought it? There has never been any problems of this kind before. But after the format It wouldn't have anything to do with the code.
 Edit.
I have tried to uninstall it,restart and install again. To no avail.