Solved

Question about Licenses

• 14 August 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I'll attempt to be as clear as possible.

I have been using Webroot IS for almost a year.  I have 60 days left on my subscription.  This subscription was for a 5-user license.  However, I've only used 2 or 3 (if my tablet counts as one) of those licenses.

In addition, back in December 2013, I also purchased a 5 user license of WSA Complete. (It was a great deal on New Egg that I couldn't pass up.)   My son used one of those licenses for about a month and then switched back to another AV.  I have not used any of the other licenses.

So, my question is 1) do I still have unused IS licenses that I can use to extend my 60 days; and 2) do I still have Complete licenses that I can use to add-on or extend my 60 days?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 August 2014, 16:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Alexhousek

I believe that the answers to your questions are: 1) No, as the 5 licenses are for concurrent use, activate on one device and all 5 run at the same time, & 2) No, as the Complete licenses were activated in December 2013 they will expire in December 2014.

If you want to use the remainder of the time on the Complete licenses to supplement the 60 days left on the IS licenses I believe that you will need to speak to Support as if you renew a key when you have time left on it the additional license time is added on automatically.  If you purchase a new key for the same version as your current key you can get the new added to the old/existing key but you need to contact Support to achieve that...but that is for an existing and new license for THE SAME VERSION.

As the features unlocked by the IS and Complete keys differ I am not sure how the system would take it even if Support could add new to old...hence why you need to contact them if you want to see if that can be done.

Apologies that I cannot be more definitive on that last point, but hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks Baldrick.  I guess I could contact support and add-on my Complete license time to my current IS time and add on a couple months or extend my current license.

Or, I could just decide to break down and spend a whole $5 and just buy a new license altogether?!  

Newegg offers downloads of Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2014 3-User for Windows, model no. 49206, for $19.99. Coupon code "EMCPBWH67" cuts it to $4.99

$5 for another year?!  Sounds like a no-brainer to me.....   ;)
Userlevel 7
I think you should first grab the Newegg's deal and save it. Then contact the Support team to add the remaining time to your current IS license. You can add the new license time before the current one expires. Or activate it afterwards anytime. Webroot licences have no shelf life. They can be activated anytime. 🙂

Just my two cents.;)
Userlevel 2
Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. 

We have checked these license keycode you have provided. Unfortunately, we cannot merge two licenses of different subscriptions which in your case, you have Internet Security Plus and Complete subscriptions. 

If you have any questions or you need further assistance, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page. 

Regards, 

The Webroot Support Team

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. 

We have checked these license keycode you have provided. Unfortunately, we cannot merge two licenses of different subscriptions which in your case, you have Internet Security Plus and Complete subscriptions. 

If you have any questions or you need further assistance, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page. 

Regards, 

The Webroot Support Team

It's best to wait till it gets closer to running out then use your new keycode and ask them to transfer your passwords to the new keycode and that's all they can do for you until then but if it was the same subscription it would be no problem.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉