Solved

Questions about WSA Internet Security Plus

• 11 November 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I have a few questions about WS Internet Security Plus.

1) Does Webroot has any plans to create an Opera browser extensions such as web filters or password managers for Opera browser.  

I know there are ways to intall Chrome browser extension but I would prefer to see extenstions release for Opera.

2) Does WS's password manager has any import or export functionality?

Currently I'm using KeePass as my primary password manager but I also have a LastPass subscription.  What I normally do is adding or updating new password entriess in KeePass and then export password data to LastPass for online usage.   I would like to know if WS's password manager has suitable import functionality.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 11 November 2014, 01:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello saiyan, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I cannot answer your first question, but I can answer as to the second.

The WSA Password Manager is in core a modified form of LastPass, and so has the same ability to improt from KeePass that you have with LastPass, as well as the other import/export abilities you are used to in LastPass.   Of course it also can import the LastPass data as it IS a form of LastPass.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi,

I have a few questions about WS Internet Security Plus.

1) Does Webroot has any plans to create an Opera browser extensions such as web filters or password managers for Opera browser.  

I know there are ways to intall Chrome browser extension but I would prefer to see extenstions release for Opera.

2) Does WS's password manager has any import or export functionality?

Currently I'm using KeePass as my primary password manager but I also have a LastPass subscription.  What I normally do is adding or updating new password entriess in KeePass and then export password data to LastPass for online usage.   I would like to know if WS's password manager has suitable import functionality.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello salyan.

Welcome to the Community!

Please have a look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Unofficial-Webroot-filtering-extension-and-password-manager-in/ta-p/142205

Password Manager will export data with functionality!

@ can you add to this!

Best Regards,
Badge +1
Hi David and Sherry,

I'm glad to hear WS uses a modified LastPass password manager.

Do you know if two-factor authentications such as Google Authenticator, Toopher, Duo and so on, are supported in modified LastPass password manager?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi David and Sherry,

I'm glad to hear WS uses a modified LastPass password manager.

Do you know if two-factor authentications such as Google Authenticator, Toopher, Duo and so on, are supported in modified LastPass password manager?

Thank you.
The Google Auth is supported, I am not sure about the others but I do not believe so.
Badge +1
I think you guys have answered all my quesitons.

I just hope Webroot will release official browser extensions for Opera so I don't need install Chrome extenstion manually.

Thanks for the information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello salyan,

Your welcome but if you'd like to look here to the KB aritcle.. here's some information https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Transferring-LastPass-passwords-to-the-Webroot-password-manager/ta-p/37694

Take care,

Regards,
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome!  Any time you a question, please let us know.  We are mostly volunteers here, but we do have some very good ones and we enjoy helping out when we can 🙂