Re: Webroot Firewall

• 21 August 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Good Evening! Don't know if it's been mentioned previously...have the developers at Webroot...thought of providing their own firewall with Hips? I Haven't posted in quite some time...but intend too quickly rectify my tardiness...so apologies if this is old news. This forum by the way is superb in it's layout and implementation. I have a background in Sales and Marketing,so I'm always aware of the way a forum addresses the needs and wants of it's customer base. Keep up the stellar Customer First Focus...Sincerely...Securon

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome back Securon, and thanks for the kind words!  :)
A similar request was made in this idea.  The idea would provide for the ability to block a file prior to running it.  You may wish to add your kudos to it.  Ideas with more kudos are more likely to be implemented because there is a greater understood demand for the feature.

This other idea is asking for a two-way firewall, but it was closed because the Windows firewall in Vista, 7, and 8 is quite good as far as inbound traffic is concerned.  We aren't likely to build out an inbound firewall when Windows already does the job so effectively.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Securon nice to see you again from the tall pines of Wilders.

Were you part of the original Beta Testers back in early 2011?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Good Evening! Yes Triple Helix...I believe I did participate in the Beta Testing! Seems like a long period of time. Sincerely...Securon