Solved

Reactivate a Computer

Hi Folks
I have two computers protected with WSA Essentials. In the My Account list they are both shown but one computer shows the results of the last scan, the other infers that the computer has never been scanned (which it has).
Any ideas?
Thanks
John

*edit for useful subject line
- admin
icon

Best answer by MikeR 27 June 2012, 15:25

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Myford, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. :D

Someone from the Webroot Team will be online soon to sort your problem out today. 😉
Userlevel 7
Hey Myford,

Welcome! :D

What exactly is the online account telling you for the PC in question? Your My Webroot Account could take time to update. Please try logging out, running a scan, and then logging back into your online account.

It should say Protected under PC Security:

?

You can also click on the PC and see when the last scan was as well as the software version. You said the PC doesn't have a last scan time. Can you provide me with any information it does provide? 
Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply.
I have two computers as follows -

DELL9150
Shows - PROTECTED
Last Scan  - June 26,2012, 12:10
Scan Duration - approx 2min 57secs

JOHN-PC
Shows - PROTECTED
Last scan - No data
Scan Duration - Unknown

The system seems to be working OK but the data for the JOHN-PC is not being recorded.
Best Wishes
John
Userlevel 7
Hey Myford,

Thank you for that information. Have you tried logging out of your My Webroot Account, running a scan, then logging back into the account from the PC in question?
Hi Mike
Yes, tried that. It only appeared after I had removed WSA from the JOHN-PC and re-installed. I had to do this as the "Protected Application" for the Firefox browser was pointing to the wrong place and removing and re-adding it did not work. The WSA re-install solved the problem.
John

Userlevel 7
Myford,

Goodjob with the Uninstall/Reinstall! :D

The "Protected Application" issue may have been because of a custom installation of Firefox. I am glad that it is updating for you now. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Mike
Sorry, crossed wires! The problem is still with me. It appeared AFTER I had re-installed Webroot.
John
Userlevel 7
Myford,

For clarification purposes, is John-PC now showing Protected, giving you a Last Scan date, and a Scan Duration? I thought the re-install had worked for you but now I am unsure.

Hi Mike

JOHN-PC is showing as Protected
No data for Last Scan.
No data for Last Scan Duration.

The re-install had solved a different problem.

John
Hi Mike
Just to bring you up to date. I have removed Webroot from the JOHN-PC. I then used the DELL9150 computer to access the "My Account". I removed the reference to JOHN_PC to put the system back to how it was a few weeks ago. I re-installed Webroot onto the JOHN-PC computer. The "My Account"  does not show the JOHN-PC as yet. I installed Webroot onto the JOHN-PC computer  about 11:00, it is now ~13:30, how long would you expect to wait before the computer was shown in "My Account"?
Best Wishes
John
Userlevel 7
Hey Myford,

Thanks for the updated information. The site should reflect the change of the PC status within 24 hours and in most cases it is almost immediate. There were several JOHN_PC's in "Deactivated" states and I have now "Reactivated" the most current one from today 06/26/2012. The details should be showing up now in your My Webroot Account after logging out and back in.

Please let me know your results.

Note: If you ever "Deactivate" a computer from within your console at my.webrootanywhere.com, you will need to contact support to have it reactivated, which is what we have done for you in this case.
Hi Mike
Both computers use the same internet connection via a Netgear DG834 v4. (both hard wired)
Most of the time, both computers are connected to the internet when I run a scan.
John
Hi Mike
Re the update. That will be about right 😃 I am building the JOHN-PC so have had a few "starts". I did contact Webroot about this and it appeared to be the correct thing to do!
John
Hi Mike
My Account now looks OK.
Thanks for your help
Best Wishes
John
Userlevel 7
That is great news!

Thank you for replying to the internet connection question! I edited the post because I was able to "Reactivate" the most recent install. I am happy I was able to help! 😃