Renewed webroot yesterday, when I try to login to password manager say my account is deactivated?

• 19 November 2014
  • 10 replies

I updated my Webroot yesterday and now I can't login to my password manager. Any help or suggestions? I have rebooted several times, to see if it would take but no luck.???

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello curlysue, welcome to the Community!

Is your renewal directly through Webroot or do you renew through Best Buy?

Did you actually renew the existing key code or did you purchase a new key code?

Is your software showing that you have the correct amount if time remaining?

I am sorry for the questions, but this will help me know how to help you the best!
Thank you for your help. I renewed through webroot. When I pull up webroot, it does shoe the new subscription...365 days left.
Also I did purchase a new key code.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Also I did purchase a new key code.
That is what is going on then, instead of a renewal it is a new purchase.  This can usually be fixed, but here quickly is what is going on.  The Password Manager, as you know, must be logged into by the profile username and password.  That User Profie is actually also tied to a specific key code, as is the Password Manager.  Your Password Manager is quite simply tied to the old key code, which is expired.

Please submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look.  In most cases as long as the old key code expired within the last two weeks, they are able to transfer the Passwords account from the old key code to the new key code and have all of your saved data still there.

In cases where the saved data is not able to be saved/tansferred, you will still have the Password Manager re-enabled but you might have to re-enter your websites into it.
Thank you so much. I will put in a trouble ticket. Your explanation makes sense.
Userlevel 7
Anytime!  We have quite a few really good volunteers here, so please do drop in any time you have a question or a problem :) 
   Well I tried to put in a trouble ticket, but for some reason it won't open for me. Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
   Well I tried to put in a trouble ticket, but for some reason it won't open for me. Any other suggestions?
That is odd, I am not sure why it will not open for you, but I can ask the Community Admin to see if he can help out.  @ can you take a look?  She has her Password Manager profile on what is now an expired key code and needs to have the new key code added/associated to the profile to re-allow the Password Manager.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I found your account and see both the new and old keycodes on it, so not sure why the password manager isn't letting you in.  If the submit a ticket link isn't working, then try calling and support will be able to troubleshoot: 1-866-612-4268 
Thanks again, I will call.