Says my last name is not registered. But it is. Maybe I bought in with a different name?

On "Request software and keycode," says no licenses found under my last name. But in fact I have over a year remaining on my 5-licenses. Two computers crashed, trying to install on two new computers. Need help quickly so I can work safely on the internet to re-install programs. Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Videowork

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you have tried all the options suggested here then your best bet will be to Open a Support Ticket, provide what information you have and ask them to check out why you seem to be unknown.

Often it is as they say on the page, i.e.e, that you may have change email address since you purchased and that is the main cause.  I would check your email archive as suggested in case you can find the email that you received at registration as that should contian the correct information...assuming that you have kept it.

Regards, Baldrick

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Userlevel 7
Hi Videowork

You are most welcome.

Out of ingterest...you say that you have a 5 seat license with two computers that use WSA having crashed and are being replaced?  So I am assuming that you have used all 5 seats already and need to reclaim 2 seats for the new computers?

Well, if you have not used all 5 already then you may have sufficent left to install on the computers.  Also, have you checked your web console (here) because what you can do is to log on and from the PC Security you should be able to locate the crashed device and deactivate them so freeing up the licenses.  To do this please see this KB article.

Once deactivated you can download the latest installer from here (for Best Buy from here) install it on the new computers (making sure that you have your keycode to hand...which you should be able to get from either one of your devices or from your web console), and bingo...you are back in business.

Regards, Baldrick
Maybe I was unclear. I have 5 licenses, all of which were used. But two computers crashed and burned, so I deactivated those licenses. So I still have two free.
Userlevel 7
OK, thanks for the clarification.  So given that you have deactivated the two crashed computer all you need to do is to run the installer ( have provided the download links in my previous post..should you need a new copy) on the new computer, enter your keycode and hey, presto...your two new computers will be protected.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks so much for your help!
Userlevel 7
As I said previously...you are most wellcome...that is what the Community is here for.

Regards, Baldrick