Solved

Scan on boot up if computer...has mind of its own

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Baldrick!

I have updated your support ticket, so we can continue troubleshooting there. This way we can gather logs once again so we can get the most up to date WSA logs.  You should be receiving an email from Webroot support shortly.

Thanks so much for your cooperation and patience!!

George
Userlevel 7
Hi George

Have been postingre. this issue over at Wilders and someone who shall remain nameless came up with an idea of "...possibly the system not shutting down correctly and it losing the configuration change". 

So this is what I posted over there and the results of the initial tests (based on that theory):

Unchecked "Scan on boot up if...." & 'Save All', then closed the WSA GUI only and restarted. 
RESULT: Checking after restart shows the "Scan on boot up if...." CHECKED.

Unchecked "Scan on boot up if...." & 'Save All', then closed the WSA down completely using the "Shut down Webroot Protection" option by right clicking the sys tray icon and restarted. 
RESULT: Checking after restart shows the "Scan on boot up if...." NOT CHECKED.

Checked the "Scan on boot up if...." AND the "Perform a scheduled Quick Scan..." options & 'Save All', then closed the WSA GUI only and restarted. 
RESULT: Checking after restart shows the "Scan on boot up if...." NOT CHECKED BUT the "Perform a scheduled Quick Scan..." WAS STILL CHECKED.

Unchecked "Scan on boot up if...." option, left the the "Perform a scheduled Quick Scan..." option unchecked & 'Save All', then closed the WSA down completely using the "Shut down Webroot Protection" option by right clicking the sys tray icon and restarted. 
RESULT: Checking after restart shows the "Scan on boot up if...." AND the "Perform a scheduled Quick Scan..." options were NOT CHECKED.

So, unless I am mistaken or got confused that the "Scan on boot up if...." is affected by system not shutting down correctly and it losing the configuration change BUT this does not affect the "Perform a scheduled Quick Scan..." option.

Not what I had expected but perhaps someone from Support can make some sense of it?
Regards

Balders
Userlevel 3
Hi Baldrick!

I just wanted to follow up and see how everything is going. Are you still experiencing that issue? I looked at your support ticket and noticed that you are in the process of arranging a call back time with our Support Team. We are located in the Mountain Time Zone, so 1pm our time will be 7pm your time (British Summer Time or GMT +1). Please let us know what we can do to help get that call back set up at a convenient time for you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Hey Balders!

Thanks for the info! Please open up a support ticket so that we can gather logs and look further into this. Makes me wonder how many other people might have this same issue but just haven't noticed yet. And please keep us posted.

Thanks again!!

George
Userlevel 7
Hi George

Thanks for the response.  It is happening even after clicking "Save All" on the settings screen...and I have done this each day for a week.

I have .193 installed and will certainly check as and when a new version comes out to see if there is any change but I have had .193 for a while and so am not sure what you mean by 'new version'? 

Balders
Userlevel 3
Hi Baldrick,

I haven't yet heard of this happening to others and I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my machine. Is this happening even after clicking "Save All" on the settings screen?  Also does this only seem to occur when a new version is installed?  

Thanks!

George