Solved

Scan on boot up if computer off at scheduled time!

• 13 May 2012
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Any one else having a problem with the "Scan on boot up if computer off at scheduled time" being UNCHECKED but WSA still carrying out a post boot scan, even if the (i) the previous scheduled scan did occur...although that was the previous day & (ii) the scheduled scan time set if AFTER the time of the reboot?

Scenario for me was (i) booted up, (ii) noticed that there were some Windows updates to install, (iii) installed those, (iv) rebooted as required by the update process...and bingo...just after the reboot had completed I noticed WSA scanning.

Not sure if this is a bug, given what I have advised above, or if I have misunderstood the settings/misconfigured WSA.

Any thoughts? :$

Regards

Balders
icon

Best answer by JimM 22 February 2013, 22:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
This is a case that we don't normally see.  Since there is nothing else that normally would invoke a scan, evaluating the log files would be the best bet.  That means opening a support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Hi Kit

Support ticker logged.  Now awaiting a kind Webroot person to advise what they need from in terms of log files and any other pertinent information.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
The proper logs can be gathered in this case by snagging http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe and using default settings plus entering the same email you used for the support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Hi Kit

Thanks.  Will try that out and hope that it does the business/provides some useful information.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
This topic was duplicated.  Click here for the other topic, in which the issue was resolved.