SecureWeb for ios & Password Service Question(s) --- Jan 22, 2015

• 22 January 2015
  • 2 replies

New user here. So far the PC portion works very well. Very happy.

Two (2) questions for anyone:

1. I am thinking about using the mobile product for my iPhone 5 / ios8. I see that you have to use Webroot's browser. I have read some things about how it crashes frequently and is not a steady / sturdy product (yet). Can you shed some light on this before I install it?

2. About the same question for the password product. Has anyone installed it lately and if so, does it work well?

I like the idea of both products but wish to vet them out before installing them. Thank you in advance.

msufan413
"Go Green, Go White"

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi msufan413

Welcome to the Community Forums.

With regard to point 1...I do not use the mobile product but whilst there have been some issues with it I would not say that they have been widespread and there are many members here who do use it.  Perhaps our mobile expert @ may wish to comment on this?

On point 2. the Password Manager is a licensed version of LastPass and whilst it is true that some again have issues I have used it since it was introduced and have NEVER yet had an issue with it...in fact I suspect that I would be lost without it (and then would use LstPass...;)).

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
New user here. So far the PC portion works very well. Very happy.

Two (2) questions for anyone:

1. I am thinking about using the mobile product for my iPhone 5 / ios8. I see that you have to use Webroot's browser. I have read some things about how it crashes frequently and is not a steady / sturdy product (yet). Can you shed some light on this before I install it?

2. About the same question for the password product. Has anyone installed it lately and if so, does it work well?

I like the idea of both products but wish to vet them out before installing them. Thank you in advance.

msufan413
"Go Green, Go White"
Hello msufan413,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

To answer your number 1 question I've never had a problem with using WebSecure Browser with my iPad and Password Manager within the WebSecure browser works great, like it's suppose to.

I do not have an iphone but I'm certain the WebSecure browser will work get great as well, for I use it on my Android device. I do use SecureWeb Vault for PW Manager by signing in with my email and Webroots PW. It's not as easy to use on the Android. But on the IOS iPad, PW works great with WSB. WebrootSecure Browser is free anyways for an iPhone.

I haven't had any crashes and you can always switch browsers if you don't like WSB.

For Security I'd recommend WSB for your iPhone. But it's certainly a preference as which browser you want to use. I also use Backup & Sync with my IOS and Android.

I'm sorry to say I don't have the iPhone to compare the difference between iPhone and Android.

Hope that helps and with @ advise that we have helped you with a decision.

Best Regards,