security

• 31 August 2015
  • 1 reply

I downloaded Windows10 and I have to activat my account. I purchased in July. How did I get it back.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi nancygilson

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If WSA was activated before you upgraded to Windows 10 and your subscription has not expired in the interim then I suspect that the issue is the upgrade.  To try to rectify this I would recommend that you unistall WSA, and then do a clean reinstall, as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Hopefully that will resolve the issue but if not then you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Trouble Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick