Solved

security code to activate my webroot console

• 2 March 2015
  • 3 replies

where can i can find the security code to activate my webroot console?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 2 March 2015, 00:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @marianmalone2019 ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Please look here to Create a Online Account

which will lead to here https://my.webrootanywhere.com/registration.aspx.

May I ask where you purchased Webroot? Because you should of got an email with instructions to Create a Account.

If you want... please Contact Webroot during business hours here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact.  The Support Team will help you free of charge and get you up and running ASAP.

BTW: I have edited my post from 4 years ago. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Sherry

Badge +1

This does not work. I am trying to find my security code so I can log in and it did not come with the software nor did it come in an email and I was not asked to “create” one when I created my account. I paid a great deal for this and I want the full functionality that is supposed to come with it.

thanks

marianmalone2019

~Snip private information~ PTD

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello  jmpcheers,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Your personal security code is something you create when setting up your Webroot
https://my.webrootanywhere.com/registration.aspx

A security code is a memorable word or number, using a minimum of 6 characters.  

Every time you login (and when confirming the account), you are asked to enter two characters of it.  Each time you login, the specific characters you need to enter will change.  For example, the system might ask you to enter the first and fifth characters of this code.  Another time, the system might ask you to enter the third and fourth characters.  This adds an extra layer of security to your account.

If you do not know your current credentials, follow the instructions below to reset them.

1. Click here to access the management website.
  2. Click on the "Forgotten Password?" link in green on the right side of the page.
  3. Select if you would like to reset your Password or Personal Security Code
  4. Enter your email address in the box provided.

If after entering your email address you receive a message stating, "Your account has not been activated," you can have the activation email resent to you. Click the Resend Email button and follow the instructions in the email. If you need assistance confirming your account, click here.

5. Type in the answer to your Security Question. This answer is case sensitive.

If answered correctly, you will be sent an email with a link to reset your Password or Personal Security Code as you requested. Click the link in the email to reset your credentials. Once this is done, you should be able to log in normally.

If answered incorrectly, you will get an error message. You can try again by clicking on the Home button at the top of the page and starting from Step 2.

If you are still unable to answer the Security Question correctly, we would like to work with you over the phone to help you access your account and reset your login credentials as necessary. Call us at 1-866-612-4227 during normal business hours. Webroot's Customer Support business hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, MST, Monday through Friday.

For international contact information, click here. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you.

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

Kind Regards.