SecurityPlus Block/Allow Files missing some programs

• 18 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I just went through a problem with Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus on Windows 10 operating system where I tried to run an AutoDesk self-extracting zip executable program.  The program created a new folder where I specified on each attempt, but failed to continue with any file extractions.  I looked at the Block/Allow files on webroot, but this program was not listed.  However Windows 10 showed this program in both detailed and undetailed view for task manager. I double-clicked this executable to start it.

On one attempt I let the process continue long enough that my entire computer hung up where mouse and keyboard became unresponsive.  I had to put the computer into hibernation mode to escape.  When I exited hibernation mode, I disabled the firewall in webroot and the program imediately extracted the files and allowed me to install AutoCad on the PC.

1) Does webroot normally detect that a double-clicked executable is being blocked as a normal routine?  Other security programs I have used in the past did provide notifications for blocked programs.
2) Why did webroot not list this program in the block/allow list while at the same time locking up my entire machine because of it?

This is not the first time I have had this issue.  The same problem occurred for nitro Pro pdf editor some time ago.  Webroot didn't detect the installer program.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello,

Please Submit a Support Ticket for this.

Thanks,

-Dan