site ratings for regional websites

Userlevel 3
improve website ratings for indian sites.........many websites are flagged as suspicious while they are not suspicious as per wot or virustotal.........example is businessinsider.com is trustworthy but its indian site businessinsider.in is suspicius............
is webroot not aware of indian or any other country trustworthy sites or just limited its brightcloud towards u.s.a sites......
competitors like kaspersky works all over globe....i hve to use wot because of webroot wrong site ratings

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello samual914. 

Businessinsider.com is showing green for me, but I notce you've written buis not busi therefore, are you entering it correctly? Beware of typosquatting for wrongly spelt sites.

Ah sorry I see the rating for the .in site now. It's showing that it's pretty newly established?

What other sites are questionable in ratings for you?

You can check sites here http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

And there also is the option to submit a  Webroot - URL Reputation Change Request
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This doesn't look too bad however? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes, I gave you the Webroot - URL Reputation Change Request

That is the option available regarding the reputation rating. 

Also, FYI I'm not seeing your images yet, as you don't have the permissions yet, and they require approval from a moderator to show.

Userlevel 3
despite this fact , i love webroot bcoz of thing i have not got any infection since installed but i experience little slowness of internet after webroot is being installed...reason i don't know
Userlevel 3

sorry for that........its businessinsider.in that is flagged as suspicious though its not
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank you, please see my edit re the .in site.

Indeed, if you are having many FPs for the Indian sites that you are sure are risk-free, then you can contact Webroot about the matter. They'll most likely pick this up anyway. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You could try disabling the Web Filtering Extension in the browser if you are seeing long recurring slow downs, and see if it resolves the slowdown, but if it's just for a short time "after webroot is being installed" depends how bad it is etc.

Any particular browser you're referring to?

Glad to hear you enjoy running SecureAnywhere, it's usually very light for vast majority with no slowdowns, but no software is perfect in absolutely all installations, and sometimes a little investigation etc is needed.
Userlevel 3
yes i see significant improvement if i disable webroot extension...this happens with youtube...with webroot enabled youtube constantly set videos to 144p quality instead off available 1080p, somehow when i set to 1080p it constantly buffers,pause in between......when i disabled webroot extension all works fine
Userlevel 3

i can contact here only... the official forum
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
yes i see significant improvement if i disable webroot extension...this happens with youtube...with webroot enabled youtube constantly set videos to 144p quality instead off available 1080p, somehow when i set to 1080p it constantly buffers,pause in between......when i disabled webroot extension all works fine
On this one, samual914. I would Open a Support Ticket to advise the Support Team of this as it is not nromal and I am most certainly NOT seeing any YouTube-related slowdown or degredation of the videos being run.

Regards, Baldrick