Solved

size of page no longer stays put.

• 12 July 2017
  • 4 replies

Greetings all, Im not sure if this is a Webroot issue but am looking for advice if you can offer it up.

All of a sudden the " page size " wont stay the same. Not sure what Ive done but I used to turn on my computer and all the websites I visited were the same size ( 150 ) Now I have to adjust each site...each time. Even if I go from one page to the next, it reverts back to 100% instead of what I prefer,which is 150%.

I currently use the latest Firefox, the latest Webroot and the latest updates to Win 10. I contacted Firefox with this question and some responses were to do this and that... and some responses suggested to get an "add-on ".

In the past ( last week ) I didnt need an " add-on " nor did i have to perform the " this and that " to have the page size remain the same each and every time I logged on, regardless of the day or time.

Is there a way to " set " once again, the page size so it remains the same, and I dont have to adjust it each and every time I get on the computer or go from one site to the next ?

icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 12 July 2017, 16:10

View original

4 replies

Hi Robert,

I use Firefox and I use the ctrl +/-  buttons to set my page size and it stays put, but I found some info HERE that may help. In particular, the sections titled 'Specific preferences are not saving' and 'Unable to save any preferences or settings'. There are steps you can try that are pretty easy to do. Hopefully this info helps. I also read of users installing an addon to accomplish this, but you shouldn't have to. I don't have any addons for page size and all is fine on my WIN10 and 7 machines.

Edit: If you use the FF setting "Clear History when Firefox Closes" then I'm pretty sure FF will not remeber your preferences, either.

Hope this helps. Hopefully other will add to this with their thoughts? ;)

Have a good one,
BD
Greetings BurnDaddy and thanks for the reply. Well, as of recent I have had to use the ctrl +/- key to boost the page size , yet it does not stay the same size when exiting the page OR when going on to another website. Also, YES I clear the History prior to shutting down the computer.

With all that said, Ill try some of the fixes you suggested. Whats odd though, Ive always cleared the History after each session and the page has always stayed the same size when logging back on.. Also, in the past ( up until last week ) Ive only had to set the page size ONCE and it stayed the same size, now it does not.

Ill putz around with your suggestions and see what happens. Much obliged for your advice.
Greetings once again BurnDaddy, I seem to have found the issue and rectified it. Under the Firefox " clear all history ", I must have inadvertently checked the box titled " site preferences " and that's what was wiping out the page size. I unchecked it and now the pages on various websites stay the same size.
Thanks again for your help BurnDaddy, I appreciate it.

Much obliged,
Robert
@ wrote:
Greetings once again BurnDaddy, I seem to have found the issue and rectified it. Under the Firefox " clear all history ", I must have inadvertently checked the box titled " site preferences " and that's what was wiping out the page size. I unchecked it and now the pages on various websites stay the same size.
Thanks again for your help BurnDaddy, I appreciate it.

Much obliged,
Robert
You beat me to it, Robert. I was just going to reply that there are different settings for "Clear History" including "Site Preferences". :D

I believe "Site Preferences" is checked by default and one needs to uncheck that manually. So maybe those settings were somehow reverted to default?

You're very welcome, too. Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. That would have drove me nuts, too. ;)

Have a good day, :)
BD