Spam Emails - "Capital One 361 Security Verification Statement"

• 17 March 2016
  • 3 replies

For several days now I have been receiving spam emails headed "Capital One 361 Security Verification Statement".  The emails include an attachment but have no text and so far have always been addressed to "Recipients".

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate and for emails I am using Office Outlook 2007.  I have blocked the sender of these spam emails three times but the sender keeps changing and there are now three senders listed in my "Blocked Senders" list.

I wonder if anyone else has received these emails please and what is the best way to stop them completely?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello stinky

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am sorry to say that I do get this sort of Spam email. If you want a free Spam blocker you can Google this and they have a few out there. We cannot mention any here on the Forum for it's against the Community Guidlines. But I do know that ? who will be available tomorrow cwho an give you some information to what Spam Blockers that he knows of. Which he will ask you to PM him for these Spam Blockers.

Please look here  at this site with information to block Spam, http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Spam and go here.or here

Hope this helps somewhat?

Userlevel 7
Hi stinky

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As Sherry has suggested I would be happy to share with you as to options for anti spam software, etc. If interested just private message me and we can take it from there.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks Baldrick,

I have sent you a PM and will be interested to read any suggestions.

Cheers.